- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik UHC Filter - 2" Round Mounted - UHC-2
Astronomik UHC Filter - 2" Round Mounted
- Mounted in a 2" machined cell, this Astronomik UHC Filter is an excellent visual filter made for broadband deep sky viewing.
- Designed with attention to the highest technical standards to ensure the optical efficiency you desire for viewing deep sky objects.
- An abundance of extra gas and planetary nebulae detail can be seen due to a near 100% transmission of H-Beta and OIII lines.
- The Astronomik UHC Filter has multi-layer coatings to protect it from scratching, aging, and humidity effects.
- German-made for superior quality optics!
More About the Astronomik 2" Round Mounted UHC Filter
Astronomik UHC filters are designed for deep sky observation. With this filter, almost 100% of H-beta and O-III emission lines pass through. And for the H-alpha line, a second bandpass ensures it also reaches the eye, while unnecessary light from other wavelengths is blocked. A suprising amount of gas and planetary nebulae detail can be seen thanks to the strong reduction of the sky background. Furthermore, because of its high transmission, the UHC filter supplies sufficient light for successful deep sky viewing, even when using smaller instruments.
This filter works best with telescopes featuring focal ratios between f/4 and f/15. Loss of transmission and color displacement, which can be a problem with other filters on the market, only crop up with Astronomik filters when ultra fast focal ratios of f/3 or less are in play. Astronomik UHC filters work with 2" aperture instruments and above, but work particularly well with 5" apertures and larger. When measured against other available filters, the Astronomik UHC filter displays more stars along with more nebula characteristics, and due to the high quality of the glass, you will be able to view stars as tiny pinpoints.
Astronomik UHC Filter coatings are fully sealed and are therefore not affected by moisture. These filters continually maintain their transmission characteristics. Scratching these incredibly tough coatings by accident would be impossible. To obtain even the tiniest of scratches, you would have to deliberately rub them with sandpaper! All Astronomik filters are delivered with a durable plastic storage container of supreme quality.
- 99+% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 99+% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 99+% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 96% transmission at 656 nm (H alpha)
- Obstructs unwanted wavelengths