- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik UHC Filter - 36 mm Round - UHC-36
Astronomik UHC Filter - 36 mm Round
- A great visual filter made for broad-band deep sky viewing, the Astronomik UHC is presented in a 36 mm machined cell
- Designed with the highest technical principles in mind to provide the superior optical performance you desire for deep sky observing
- With a nearly complete transmission of H-Beta and O-III emission lines, you will see an abundance of extra gas and planetary nebulae detail
- Multi-layer coatings on all Astronomik filters insulate them from blemishes caused by scratching, aging, and high humidity
- German-made for supreme quality optics!
More About the Astronomik 36 mm Round UHC Filter
This Astronomik UHC Filter is made to be used for visual deep sky observation. With this filter, almost 100% of H-beta and OIII emission lines pass through. And a second bandpass ensures that the H-alpha line also reaches your eye. Meanwhile, undesired light from other wavelengths is obstructed. Gas and planetary nebulae are visible with a surprising abundance of detail due to the strong sky background reduction. The high transmission of this filter enables it to provide enough light to successfully view deep sky objects with smaller instruments.
Designed for use with telescopes that have a focal ratio range of f/4 to f/15. Contrary to other available filters, transmission loss and color shift only becomes a problem with Astronomik filters when extremely fast f/3 or less focal ratios are involved. Astronomik UHC filters work with 2" aperture instruments and above, but work particularly well with 5" apertures and larger. UHC filters available from other manufacturers fail to show as many stars or as much nebula detail as the Astronomik UHC. Because of the superior quality of the glass, you will see stars as small pinpoints with this filter.
Astronomik UHC filter coatings are fully sealed making it impervious to moisture. The transmission characteristics of this filter are continually maintained and do not alter with time. The coatings are so hard that procuring even the tiniest of scratching would require rubbing them with sandpaper on purpose! Scratching them by mistake is simply not possible. All Astronomik filters are delivered with a long-lasting plastic storage container of supreme quality.
- 99+% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 99+% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 99+% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 96% transmission at 656 nm (H alpha)
- Blocks unwanted wavelengths