- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik UHC Filter - 50 mm Round - UHC-50R
Astronomik UHC Filter - 50 mm Round
- This Astronomik UHC Filter, a great visual filter designed for broadband deep sky observing, comes in a round 50 mm machined cell
- Designed with attention to the highest technical standards to ensure the optical efficiency you desire for viewing deep sky objects
- Due to an almost complete transmission of H-Beta and O-III emission lines, more gas and planetary nebulae detail will become apparent
- Astronomik filters feature multi-layer coatings to provide full resistance to the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Made in Germany, a country recognized for producing high quality optics!
More About the Astronomik 50 mm Round UHC Filter
This Astronomik UHC Filter is made for visual deep sky observation. It allows almost 100% of radiation from both OIII and H-beta lines to pass through. Additionally, a second bandpass for the H-alpha line makes sure that this radiation also reaches the eye. Meanwhile, scattered light from other wavelength ranges is filtered out. Due to the strong reduction of the sky background, gas and planetary nebulae are visible with an unexpected abundance of detail. The Astronomik UHC Filter provides enough light to successfully observe deep sky objects with smaller telescopes because of its high transmission.
This filter works best with telescopes featuring focal ratios between f/4 and f/15. Loss of transmission and color displacement, which can be a problem with other filters on the market, only crop up with Astronomik filters when ultra fast focal ratios of f/3 or less are in play. Astronomik UHC filters work with 2" aperture instruments and above, but work particularly well with 5" apertures and larger. When measured against other available filters, the Astronomik UHC filter displays more stars along with more nebula characteristics, and due to the high quality of the glass, you will be able to view stars as tiny pinpoints.
With fully sealed coatings, the Astronomik UHC Filter is unaffected by external moisture. These filters maintain their transmission characteristics indefinitely. In order to obtain even the finest of scratches, you would have to deliberately rub these ultra tough coatings with sandpaper! Scratching them by accident would be impossible. The Astronomik UHC Filter comes with a durable, high-quality plastic storage case.
- 99+% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 99+% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 99+% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 96% transmission at 656 nm (H alpha)
- Blocks unwanted wavelengths