- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik UHC Filter - T-Mount - UHC-T
Astronomik UHC Filter - T-Mount
- The Astronomik 1.25" machined cell mounted UHC Filter is an excellent visual filter made for broadband deep sky viewing
- This filter is designed with regards to the highest technical standards to enable the superior optical performance you expect for observing deep sky objects
- Due to a nearly 100% transmission of H-Beta and OIII lines, you'll be able to view a lot of additional gas and planetary nebulae detail
- All Astronomik filters have multi-layer coatings to shield them from scratching as well as the impacts of aging and high humidity
- Made in Germany, a country known for producing high quality optics
More About the Astronomik UHC Filter - T-Mount
Astronomik UHC filters are made for deep sky observation. With this filter, nearly all h-beta and O-III emission line radiation gets through. And for the h-alpha line, a second bandpass guarantees this radiation also makes it to the eye, while spurious light from other wavelengths is obstructed. Because of the strong reduction of the sky background, gas and planetary nebulae show a surprising amount of detail. Due to its high transmission, the UHC filter provides sufficient light for viewing deep sky objects accurately, even with smaller telescopes.
This filter is best suited for use with instruments that have f/4 to f/15 focal ratios. Transmission loss and color shift, which can be a nuisance with other available filters, is only a concern with this UHC filter when exceptionally fast focal ratios of f/3 or less are involved. Astronomik UHC filters work with 2" aperture instruments and above, but work particularly well with 5" apertures and larger. When measured against UHC filters available from other manufacturers, Astronomik UHC filters provide users with a view containing more visible stars as well as more clear nebulae detail. In addition, because of the high optical quality of the glass, you'll be able to view stars as small pinpoints.
Completely airtight coatings on this filter are not susceptible to external influences such as moisture. The transmission characteristics of UHC filters do not deteriorate over time, maintaining their peak indefinitely. These coatings are so tough that it would be impossible to scratch them by accident. The only way to get even the finest of scratches would be to deliberately rub sandpaper on them! All Astronomik filters arrive in a long-lasting plastic storage container of supreme quality.
- 99+% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 99+% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 99+% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 96% transmission at 656 nm (H alpha)
- Blocks undesired wavelengths