- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik UHC Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter - UHC-NIKXL
Astronomik UHC Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter
- Optimally suited for broadband deep sky astro-imaging, this Astronomik UHC Filter is presented in an XL Clip format for Nikon full frame camera bodies.
- Made to the highest technical standards to supply the high optical performance you want and need for observing deep sky objects.
- Compatible with Nikon D800, D810, and D850 full frame DSLR camera models.
- Fitting securely and comfortably in the camera, this filter can be attached and detached using only your finger, no tools required!
- Camera adjustments are also unnecessary for use.
- Permits almost 100% of H-Beta and O-III emissions to pass, allowing a greater amount of gas and planetary nebulae detail to be seen.
- Multi-layer coatings on all Astronomik filters insulate them from the damaging impacts of scratching, aging, and high humidity.
- German-designed for high optical quality!
More About the Astronomik UHC Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter
Designed for visual deep sky observation with Nikon full frame format DSLR cameras, the Astronomik UHC XL Clip Filter allows nearly 100% of H-beta and O-III lines to get through, while blocking scattered light from other wavelengths. Plus, a second bandpass for the H-alpha line ensures it also reaches the eye. Because of the strong reduction of the sky background, gas and planetary nebulae are visible with a surprising abundance of detail. The Astronomik UHC Filter offers sufficient light for satisfactory observing of deep sky objects with smaller telescopes thanks to its high transmission.This filter is best suited for use with instruments that have f/4 to f/15 focal ratios. Transmission loss and color shift, which can be a nuisance with other available filters, is only a concern with this UHC filter when exceptionally fast focal ratios of f/3 or less are involved. Astronomik's UHC filters work with 2" aperture telescopes and above, though work best with telescopes that have 5" apertures and above. When measured against UHC filters available from other manufacturers, Astronomik UHC filters provide users with a view containing more visible stars as well as more clear nebulae detail. In addition, because of the high optical quality of the glass, you'll be able to view stars as small pinpoints. Astronomik UHC filter coatings are fully sealed making it impervious to moisture. The transmission characteristics of this filter are continually maintained and do not alter with time. The coatings are so hard that procuring even the tiniest of scratching would require rubbing them with sandpaper on purpose! Scratching them by mistake is simply not possible. All Astronomik filters are delivered with a long-lasting plastic storage container of supreme quality.
Astronomik Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter System Compatibility
- The Nikon XL-Clip Filter have been successfully tested with the D800, D810 and the D850, although some customers are reporting error messages when used in a D850 with AF lenses. All manual lenses and T-adapters work fine!
- Nikon full frame cameras that are not listed above have not been tested yet.
- The Nikon XL Clip Filter will not work with cameras with APS-C sized sensors or with the new mirrorless models.
- 99+% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 99+% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 99+% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 96% transmission at 656 nm (H-alpha)
- Obstructs unwanted wavelengths