- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter - Canon EOS R XL Full Frame Clip - P742-EOS-R-XL
Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter - EOS R XL Full Frame Clip
- Ideally suited for planetary imaging, this Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter is presented in an EOS R XL full frame clip format
- Made specifically for Canon EOS R and RP full frame mirrorless cameras
- Operation using this filter does not require any housing modifications
- Simple no-tool attachment can be accomplished using only a finger while a small hook is included to help with removal
- Designed with the highest technical standards in mind to give users the optical performance they need for imaging planets with 5" to 8" aperture telescopes
- Only infrared light with wavelengths longer than 742 nm is allowed to pass through to the image
- Atmospheric turbulence will not afflict planetary images since they are formed from IR light
- Astronomik filters have multi-layer coatings to protect them from damage caused by scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Made in Germany, a country recognized for producing superior quality optics!
More About the Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter
For capturing stunning images and video of the Moon and planets, specifically Mars, with telescopes that have apertures of 6" (150 mm) or higher, the Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter is the optimal choice. Only infrared light with wavelengths over 742 nm is allowed to pass through. Seeing effects are substantially reduced in this area of the spectrum versus the visual spectrum of the human eye. This results in images that are significantly sharper than what could typically be achieved from your device and location. Another advantage of the ProPlanet 742 IR is that it still facilitates a dark sky background even in late dawn. This allows lunar and planetary photography to continue even at daybreak.
The Astronomik P742 filter offers tremendous enhancement of lunar and planetary images by simultaneously obstructing visible light while permitting only emissions from wavelengths longer than 742 nm to be transmitted through to the image. Compared to the image in visible light, this image is more steady with exposure times that are nearly identical. Furthermore, like all filters offered by Astronomik, the ProPlanet IR 742 is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters.
Astro-imaging of the Moon and planets is not the P742 IR filter's only purpose as it also enables incredible terrestrial photography results. If the EOS R XL P742 clip filter model is employed in an MC modified DSLR camera, you'll obtain excellent results imaging nature. It eliminates the portion of the spectrum where chlorophyll looks green, and shows its high near infrared reflectiveness. When taking photographs of trees in the spring and summer under clear skies, the resulting image is striking. Trees and clouds are displayed as white in front of an almost completely dark background.
Astronomik EOS R/RP Clip Filter System
Designed for mirrorless full frame Canon EOS R and RP cameras for use in both metropolitan and suburban viewing areas, Astronomik EOS R XL clip filters offer quick and easy no-tool installation, and come with a small hook to help with filter removal. This filter does not require any housing modifications to enable use.
Mounting your Astronomik EOS R XL clip filter can be accomplished using only your fingers. Simply slide into place until flush, reinstall the camera lens, and you are set. The included filter removal tool is only needed in the beginning to get it out far enough to grasp. Once this happens, you can use your fingers to completely withdraw the filter and put it back in its storage case.
- 96%+ transmission for 742 nm to 1100 nm wavelengths
- Obstructs unwanted wavelengths in the 350 nm to 730 nm range