- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Baader Planetarium 2" Mark III Multi Purpose Coma Corrector - MPCC
Baader 2" Multi Purpose Coma Corrector - MK III
Newly upgraded, the Baader 2" Multi Purpose Coma Corrector - MK III has killer new features to enhance your observing experience. The Baader Planetarium Coma Corrector MPCC enables owners of fast Newtonian telescopes to use their instrument for taking stunning wide-field images, or for delivering wide-field eyepiece views with stars that remain pinpoint to the edge, without increasing magnification!
- No Magnification Increase: The MPCC delivers full fields for the widest 2" eyepieces. Why spend the big bucks on a large widefield eyepiece, only to have its field squeezed by the coma corrector?
- No additional Back-Focus (in-travel) Required: In direct-coupled configurations, the MPCC actually increases back-focus by about 10 mm. If your eyepiece will focus without a coma corrector, it Will reach focus with the MPCC
- Reduced Vignetting: The MPCC works well with even the largest true field 2" eyepieces; due to the closer position of the field lens to the focal plane, the MPCC is able to provide a larger fully illuminated true field than some coma correctors
- Low Cost: The MPCC is about half the cost of other correctors
- The Multi Purpose Coma Corrector - MK III has been tested and found to work well on Meade Schmidt-Newtonian scopes
The Baader Planetarium Multi Purpose Coma Corrector has been optimized for Newtonians with focal ratios from f/4 to f/6, and will deliver 12 micron stars across a full 35 mm frame size. Independent optical laboratory tests (by ITE) have confirmed that the MPCC is the sharpest wide-field coma corrector available for imaging, and provides the best edge of field illumination. Visual users have reported great results even down to f/3.7. The optics are anti-reflection coated with the finest 7 layer multi-coatings available. The MPCC modular design lets you purchase only the parts you need. For imaging with DSLRs, only the MPCC is required. For visual, the MPCC can be configured with any of Baader's eyepiece holders or directly coupled to 2" eyepieces using Astro T-2 System components.
Dob users with f/3.7 - f/5 scopes have discovered the unique benefits of the 2" Multi Purpose Coma Corrector - MK III versus other coma correctors. The MPCC can be inexpensively configured for visual use with 1.25" and 2" eyepieces.
The 2" Multi Purpose Coma Corrector - MK III is the ideal match for today's Digital SLRs. Owners of these new cameras find them to be ideally mated with today's fast f/4-f/5 Newtonians required to keep exposures short. The MPCC enables these users to fully correct their scopes and produce superb pinpoint color deep sky images without the complexity of more expensive CCD cameras.
The MPCC does NOT extend the focal ratio (so, your images will be shot at the full speed of your telescope). The MPCC inserts into 2" focusers and has external T-threads on the output side (and is also threaded for standard 2"/48 mm filters). Simply attach any 35 mm film or digital SLR to the MPCC, with T-adapters. Users of CCD cameras can attach in the same way through the use of Baader Astro T-2 System components.
The MPCC is designed for a nominal 55 mm distance from the mounting flange to the image plane. It also extends the focus point by approximately 10 mm, so no additional back-focus is needed to use the MPCC (of course, this assumes your camera will already reach focus in your telescope, without the MPCC). The latest version of the MPCC now includes a removable stop flange, which when removed exposes an M48 external thread, which enables the MPCC to be directly coupled to 2" eyepieces and inserted fully inside 2" focusers.