Reducers & Correctors
- Apertura RC Reducer offers 0.75X reduction
- f/8 RC's are reduced to f/6; f/9's transform to a scope with an effective focal ratio of f/6.75!
- 2" barrel
- 70mm - 80 mm focus distance from sensor to reducer thread
- 15mm image circle
- Reducer only, no flattening ability
- Inexpensive 1.25" Focal Reducer by Apertura
- 0.5X reduction
- Apertura focal reducer comes with a 25mm extension
- Fully multi-coated doublet in black anodized cell
A focal reducer is an excellent tool to help you achieve the magnification you need, and at High Point Scientific, we provide you with the best selection. A focal reducer, also known as a telecompressor, effectively reduces the focal length of your OTA, resulting in a wider field of view. They are also a great addition to any astrophotography set up as it can cut your exposure time down considerably. Enjoy wide views of large objects such as nebulae with a faster lens speed!
We also have a wide variety of correctors designed for flat-field correction or coma correction. A field corrector is vital for astro-imaging with certain telescope designs because it optimizes edge-of-field image quality. When observing with a Newtonian, coma correctors help reduce comatic aberration or coma. Without a coma corrector, Newtonians may show stars with comet-like tails. Add a coma corrector to your set up to make sure you view celestial objects with pinpoint definition. Also, be sure to check out our extension tubes and adapters to make sure you achieve the necessary back focus for your set up.
You will find focal reducers and correctors from all of the latest brands, including Celestron, Tele Vue, Baader, Takahashi, Sky-Watcher, and many more! Our experts have hand-selected each accessory to give you a quality selection of great products. We are ready to help you get the best views out of your telescope!