Focal Reducers & Correctors
- This field flattener and focal reducer package is for the Explore 152 or 127 Triplets with 3" focusers
- Flattens the field beautifully and reduces effective focal length by 0.7X
- 55 mm of back focus from rear flange
- Includes 3" adapter and M42 photo adapter
- Optional adapters available for 2.5" HEX focuser & 2" focuser
- For Newtonian telescopes with 2" focusers
- Minimize inherent coma in Newtonians with this Coma Corrector from Explore Scientific
- 2" Barrel slides into focuser on the telescope side
- For visual use, use 2" eyepieces directly or insert a 2" to 1.25" adapter (sold separately) for 1.25" eyepieces
- For photography, both a M42 and M48 threaded adapter are included, allowing you to use a standard or wide T-ring
- This Explore Scientific 3" to 2" Adapter makes the Explore 3" Field Flattener and 0.7x Focal Reducer suitable for use with optical tubes that use a 2" focuser.
- Converts the Explore Scientific 3" diagonal into a 2" focuser draw tube as well.
- Threaded to accept 2" filters.
- Measures 76 mm in diameter and 36 mm in height.
A focal reducer is an excellent tool to help you achieve the magnification you need, and at High Point Scientific, we provide you with the best selection. A focal reducer, also known as a telecompressor, effectively reduces the focal length of your OTA, resulting in a wider field of view. They are also a great addition to any astrophotography set up as it can cut your exposure time down considerably. Enjoy wide views of large objects such as nebulae with a faster lens speed!
We also have a wide variety of correctors designed for flat-field correction or coma correction. A field corrector is vital for astro-imaging with certain telescope designs because it optimizes edge-of-field image quality. When observing with a Newtonian, coma correctors help reduce comatic aberration or coma. Without a coma corrector, Newtonians may show stars with comet-like tails. Add a coma corrector to your set up to make sure you view celestial objects with pinpoint definition. Also, be sure to check out our extension tubes and adapters to make sure you achieve the necessary back focus for your set up.
You will find focal reducers and correctors from all of the latest brands, including Celestron, Tele Vue, Baader, Takahashi, Sky-Watcher, and many more! Our experts have hand-selected each accessory to give you a quality selection of great products. We are ready to help you get the best views out of your telescope!