Reducers & Correctors
- This Meade Series 4000 Focal Reducer cuts telescope focal ratios by a factor of 0.63x, converting f/10 and f/6.3 telescopes into much faster f/6.3 and f/4 instruments respectively.
- Threads directly onto Schmidt-Cassegrin SCT rear cells.
- With this Meade Focal Reducer, imaging exposure times are roughly cut in half.
- Delivers a wider field of view for visual observations.
- This Meade 2” Series 6000 Focal Reducer & Field Flattener helps astrophotographers capture wide-field celestial images via a fully multi-coated three-element optical design.
- Made especially for reducing the focal length of Meade 80 mm Series 6000 APO refractor telescopes in order to provide a more expansive field of view.
- Provides a 0.8x reduction in focal length.
- Cameras attach easily via M42 outside diameter T-threads.
- Contributes 55 mm of back focus plus an additional 11 mm with the included spacer.
- This Meade 3” Series 6000 Focal Reducer & Field Flattener helps astrophotographers capture wide-field celestial images via a fully multi-coated 3-element optical design.
- Reduces the focal length of Meade 115 mm and 130 mm Series 6000 APO refractor telescopes by a factor of 0.8x to increase the width of the view field.
- Easy camera attachment enabled by M48x0.75 outside diameter thread.
- Contributes 55 mm of back focus to your imaging system.
A focal reducer is an excellent tool to help you achieve the magnification you need, and at High Point Scientific, we provide you with the best selection. A focal reducer, also known as a telecompressor, effectively reduces the focal length of your OTA, resulting in a wider field of view. They are also a great addition to any astrophotography set up as it can cut your exposure time down considerably. Enjoy wide views of large objects such as nebulae with a faster lens speed!
We also have a wide variety of correctors designed for flat-field correction or coma correction. A field corrector is vital for astro-imaging with certain telescope designs because it optimizes edge-of-field image quality. When observing with a Newtonian, coma correctors help reduce comatic aberration or coma. Without a coma corrector, Newtonians may show stars with comet-like tails. Add a coma corrector to your set up to make sure you view celestial objects with pinpoint definition. Also, be sure to check out our extension tubes and adapters to make sure you achieve the necessary back focus for your set up.
You will find focal reducers and correctors from all of the latest brands, including Celestron, Tele Vue, Baader, Takahashi, Sky-Watcher, and many more! Our experts have hand-selected each accessory to give you a quality selection of great products. We are ready to help you get the best views out of your telescope!