Reducers & Correctors
- Coma Corrector designed for full-frame 35mm format sensors
- Works with Celestron 11" & 14" SCT's with 3.29" rear cell threads
- The Starizona Large Format Coma Corrector reduces C14 to f/7.5 and C11 to f/7.2
- Back focus is a very generous 132mm
- Image circle is 42 mm
- 2" Nosepiece for Skywatcher ProED Reducer
- Threads onto the telescope side of the focal reducer
- With this Starizona adapter, the reducer can be used in a 2" focuser
- Accepts 2" filters
- .4X Reducer and Field Flattener for standard SCT telescopes
- Produces a field of view 2.5X wider for short exposure times
- The Night Owl provides great image quality over 16 mm image circle
- Fits standard 2" visual back or focuser on SCT with M42 camera side threads
- Back focus of 38.5 mm
- Not for EdgeHD or ACF optical systems
- Reducer and Coma Corrector for Meade and Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes.
- Provides a 0.63x reduction for taking an f/10 SCT down to f/6.3 for instance.
- Relative image circle of 27 mm
- The back focus is 90.3 mm from base of camera threads on the corrector
- The Starizona SCT Corrector II has a 2" barrel and is threaded to accept 48 mm filters
A focal reducer is an excellent tool to help you achieve the magnification you need, and at High Point Scientific, we provide you with the best selection. A focal reducer, also known as a telecompressor, effectively reduces the focal length of your OTA, resulting in a wider field of view. They are also a great addition to any astrophotography set up as it can cut your exposure time down considerably. Enjoy wide views of large objects such as nebulae with a faster lens speed!
We also have a wide variety of correctors designed for flat-field correction or coma correction. A field corrector is vital for astro-imaging with certain telescope designs because it optimizes edge-of-field image quality. When observing with a Newtonian, coma correctors help reduce comatic aberration or coma. Without a coma corrector, Newtonians may show stars with comet-like tails. Add a coma corrector to your set up to make sure you view celestial objects with pinpoint definition. Also, be sure to check out our extension tubes and adapters to make sure you achieve the necessary back focus for your set up.
You will find focal reducers and correctors from all of the latest brands, including Celestron, Tele Vue, Baader, Takahashi, Sky-Watcher, and many more! Our experts have hand-selected each accessory to give you a quality selection of great products. We are ready to help you get the best views out of your telescope!