- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
iOptron iE1300 Electronic Eyepiece - 8429
What We Like About the iOptron iE1300 Electronic Eyepiece
- The iOptron iE1300 Electronic Eyepiece works with almost any telescope, including the iOptron SmartStar series.
- See live video images of the Moon and planets on your PC computer screen.
- Simple to use! Plug the included USB cable into the iE1300 eyepiece and your computer's USB port and the driver will begin installing automatically. Once the driver is installed, you're ready to begin!
- The iE1300 works with a 32- and 64-bit Windows operating system and has an integrated driver.
More About the iOptron iE1300 Electronic Eyepiece
The iOptron iE1300 Electronic Eyepiece is a Plug-N-Play device. Plug each end of the included USB cable into the iE1300 and your computer. Your computer will detect the electronic eyepiece as new hardware and start to install the driver. Follow the instructions on your computer for any driver installation. The camera is ready for use after the driver is installed.
The iOptron iE1300 can be used with almost any telescope that is compatible with 1.25" format eyepieces. The camera is inserted into a focuser in the same way you would a standard eyepiece. You can use a diagonal if you wish, or you may insert the iE1300 directly into the focusing tube. If your telescope does not have enough inward focus travel, you will need to use an 1.25" Barlow lens (not included) to extend the telescope’s focal plane to the camera’s imaging plane.
Aim and focus your telescope on an observing target using a regular eyepiece. Always start with a large number eyepiece, such as a 25mm. Once you have located and centered the object, remove the eyepiece and insert the iE1300 camera in its place. Slowly adjust the focuser knob to bring the image to focus. Use the capture function of the program to capture the image or movie.
iOptron iE1300 Electronic Eyepiece System Requirements
- Windows 2000/XP/VISTA/7
- Pentium IV 1.4GHz or equivalent, or higher
- 300 MB free hard drive space for program installation and image/movie saving
- 512 MB RAM (1.0 GB DDR RAM recommended)
- In order to bring an object to your computer monitor, an image/video capture program is needed. Most PCs come with preinstalled programs, such as Window Movie Maker, Arcsoft Webcam Companion, or other webcam program.
- 16-bit color display at 1280x1024 (32 MB video memory with DirectX 3D support recommended)
- DirectX 9.0C or higher
iOptron iE1300 Electronic Eyepiece Specifications
- Electronic Eyepiece
- USB cable
- Sensitive component: 1/3" 1.3Mega Pixels CMOS
- Max Resolution: 1280×1024 640×480 320×240
- Frame Rate: 640×480 Pixels/30fps
- Sensitivity: 1.0V/Lux-sec
- Size: 3.6×3.6uM
- Image format: JPG/BMP
- White Balance: Auto/Manual
- Operation system: Windows 2K, XP, Vista and Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit) with integrated driver -- "plug and play"