Mounts, Tripods & Accessories
- The purpose of these knobs are to increase tripod lever grip.
- The stainless steel knobs measure 1.1" in length.
- These ADM tripod knobs are orange anodized to match Celestron's signature orange color.
- ADM has designed these knobs with 10 mm threads.
- These knobs from Bob's Knobs are meant to work with the equatorial head for the Celestron CGE Pro mount.
- Bob's Knobs Allen bolt knobs are meant to replace the Allen bolts for the Celestron CGE Pro mount.
- Included in the kit are three assembled Tee knobs (plastic) with steel spacers and stainless steel screws.
- Bob's Knobs designed to create a tool-free setup.
A great telescope mount and tripod can truly complement the celestial observing experience of any amateur astronomer. At High Point Scientific, we have a wide array of telescope tripods and mounts from the most popular brand today, such as Celestron, Meade, Orion, and many more. Be sure to reach out to one of our telescope experts if you would like help selecting the telescope mount parts and mount that best fit your observing needs.
When selecting a telescope mount it is important that you select a mount that has more than enough payload capacity to support your telescope and any accessories you plan on adding to your telescope. A general rule of thumb is to never exceed 80% of your telescope mount's payload capacity when visual observing and never exceed 60% of your mount's payload capacity when imaging.
There are two main telescope mount types, Equatorial mounts and Alt-Azimuth mounts. Equatorial mounts, including German Equatorial mounts, are great platforms for astro-imaging and visual observing. Alt-Azimuth mounts are great for easy, point and view visual observations. Each mount type comes in computerized and non-computerized configurations. Computerized mounts can easily find celestial objects for you, taking the guesswork out of observing. However, they can also be an added expense, which is something to consider when purchasing a mount.