- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Losmandy GM-8 Equatorial Mount with Tucked-In Motors, LW Tripod, and Gemini 2 Go-To System - GM8G
Losmandy GM8G Equatorial Mount with LW Tripod and Gemini Go-To System
The Losmandy GM8G Equatorial Mount and Tripod with Gemini Go-To Drive and Tucked-In Motors is one of the most precise and finely crafted telescope mounts available today. The Losmandy GM-8 Mount is a beautifully machined mount made of aluminum and stainless steel. This mount provides astrophotographers with a solid platform to mount their smaller-to-mid-size Schmidt Cassegrains and Refractors along with the other instruments that constitute their astrophotography rig.
Losmandy GM-8 Equatorial Mount Highlights:
- The Losmandy GM-8 Equatorial Mount has a 30-40 lb weight capacity for imaging and a 55 lb weight capacity for visual applications
- Designed, machined, assembled, and performance-tuned in the USA
- Laser engraved latitude scales and setting circles
- Includes OPW one-piece worm block on both axes
- The Losmandy GM-8 Mount Head weighs 21 lb
- 0-68º latitude range
- This GM8G includes Gemini GoTo System
- This version of the GM8G includes the Losmandy LW Tripod
- The Tripod itself weighs 15 lb
Losmandy GM-8 Specifications:
- Servo motor driven Right Ascension and Declination axes
- 1.250" diameter aluminum shafts
- All machined aluminum and stainless steel, black anodized
- All hardware used is stainless steel
- One 2.100" diameter needle thrust bearing
- One 2.000" diameter needle thrust bearing
- Two 1.500" diameter needle bearings
- 2.812" diameter, 7075 aluminum worm gear, 180 teeth
- Dual-supported, ball bearing housed brass worm; worm gear is precision ground
- One piece worm block design
- Spring Loaded Worms
- Tucked-in motors
- Variable slip clutch, both axes with one-knob tension design
- Fully locking, unique tangent arm design altitude adjustment, 6°- 68°, large knob for easy alignment
- Laser engraved latitude scale in 2° increments
- Precision pointing and tracking
- Single knob azimuth control, bi-directional ± 8.5°
- 3.50" diameter laser engraved setting circles, 6 minute R.A., / 2° Dec., R.A. circle engraved for Northern and Southern Hemisphere
- Porter slip ring design
- DC Servo motors for improved accuracy with higher torque than steppers
- Dovetail saddle-plate fits both "D" Losmandy and "V" Vixen-style dovetails and allows for the interchanging of any tube assembly; this reduces the need for Dec weights
- Removable stainless steel weight shaft w/safety knob
- Includes one 7 lb counterweight
- 11 lb and 21 lb extra counterweights available as options
- Through-the-axis Polar Scope capability, works in Northern and Southern Hemisphere; Note: the Polar Scope is optional
- Verified with most modern astronomical/astroimaging systems including Maxim DL, NINA, SGP, Voyager, TheSkyX, Stellarium, Sky Safari, Cartes DuCiel, APT, BYEOS, Nebulosity, etc.
- Instrument weight capacity: 30-40 lb. imaging; 55 lb. visual
- Equatorial head weight: 21 lb
The Losmandy Gemini 2 Go-To System is a servo motor based computerized positioning system for the Losmandy Mounts. Losmandy has updated the Gemini GoTo System to include a newly enhanced CPU and increased memory. Perhaps most impressive is the interactive color touch screen that comes with the Losmandy Gemini 2 Go-To System.
The Gemini 2 Go-To System works with the Losmandy, GM8, G11 and Titan Mounts. This system is incredibly precise and the choice of astro photographers world wide. Precise object tracking is achieved as a result of the servo motor system Losmandy utilizes. The servo motor system runs with a continuous and smooth rotation, for better tracking. Further, the Losmandy system has an elevated level of torque which allows it to produce slewing rates of up to 8° per second with the GM-8 mount, 6° per second with the G-11 and 5° per second with the Titan Mount. The Losmandy Gemini system is a great instrument for use in the field because it can be run as a stand-alone system. With a 42,000+ object database and an illuminated Color LCD touch screen, this mount is a pleasure to use. Powering the unit is simple; all you need is a 3A, 12-18 Volt DC power supply. Check out our list of specifications and features pertaining to the Losmandy Gemini 2 Drive System:
Losmandy Gemini 2 Go-To System Features:
- Full Color Graphic Touch Screen clearly displays all functions including day, twilight, and night modes
- Classic four-button pattern for guiding, centering, moving, and slewing on both the touch screen and on a tactile membrane on the rear surface
- Support for the original four-button controller
- Can be used on all Losmandy GM8, G-11, & Titan mounts
- Custom mount support using the Programmable Gear Rate function
- Built-in polar alignment, periodic error correction, and model building wizards
- Built-in permanent periodic error correction
- 0.5 arcsec positional accuracy
- +/- 8 arcsecond or better uncorrected tracking (often +/- 4 arcsecond or better corrected)
- DC Servos for improved accuracy, with higher torque than stepper motors
- Up to 1/2 arcminute GoTo precision
- All Losmandy equatorial mounts have been hand-tuned at the factory for optimal performance
- GPS-compatible with optional receiver
- Stand-alone system: No PC is required for operation
- English, German, French, & Spanish displays
- Ethernet 10/100 with full IP function permits operation from anywhere using a browser, ASCOM, or app over the web or serial port
- Mature reliable drivers for Windows, Mac, Linux including ASCOM and INDI
- Supports SkyFi, SkyWire, WiFi, and Bluetooth adapters
- Non-Volatile Memory and Real-Time Clock
- Over 42,000 objects stored in the database
- USB ports: Virtual COM to PC, ASCOM or planetarium program
- Port F: multi-function serial port; for A/D Input or Output
- Firmware upgrade via internet
- Unique modular system enables mount upgrades one axis at a time
- Auto-Guide port (TTL)
- Dual 12~18 VDC input/output (3.0 A)
- Tiltable control panel, for easy access during operation
Gemini 2 Celestial Database Includes:
- 168 BSL
- 303 Combined_Constellation_Stars
- 5437 IC
- 1125 LBN
- 1787 LDN
- 110 Messier Objects
- 8290 NGC (New General Catalog)
- 1143 PN
- 17636 SAO (Smithsonian Ap. Obs.)
- 313 Sh2
- 223 Southern_Constellation_Stars
- 3988 WDS
The CPU on the Gemini 2 System uses a mounted PC board as its base. This is a proven setup and is one of the most reliable in the field today. The main board has auto-guider and accessory ports, for full remote control (via the web) of the system from a computer from anywhere in the world. The Gemini 2 uses a Meade LX200 inspired command set. Clock and location information can be updated through a Losmandy GPS accessory that is sold separately.
Losmandy GM-8 LW (Light Weight) Tripod Specifications:
- All machined aluminum, black anodized
- Tripod height, adjustable from 27" - 43"
- Extremely sturdy and rigid when assembled, for superior astrophotography
- Folding leg design for easy transporting
- Tripod (only) weight: 15 lb
The Losmandy GM-8 Mount and Tripod with Gemini 2 Go-To Drive is a top-performing astronomical instrument with an updated, modern drive. If you are an astrophotographer looking for a solid mount with a 30 lb capacity, to support your telescope, the Losmandy GM-8 with Gemini 2 Go-To Drive is for you.
You can find instructions on Gemini 2 Screen Calibration here.
Please note that although some images may show otherwise, this Losmandy GM-8 Equatorial Mount comes with a Tucked-In Motor upgrade.