Mounts, Tripods & Accessories
- The SkyFi 3 Adapter is designed to enable wireless telescope control via an iOS or Android smart device's WiFi function.
- A rechargeable lithium-ion battery is incorporated into the SkyFi 3 in order to provide up to 12 hours of field use!
- Offers compatibility with telescopes that have RS-232 serial interfaces, as well as with more recent Meade USB-only telescopes.
- This exceptionally compact device comes with a Velcro belt for attaching to a telescope mount or tripod.
- Includes a micro USB power adapter to provide external power.
- The SkyBT Bluetooth Adapter is an extremely compact, completely Plug & Play unit that enables wireless control via Android devices.
- Uses a DB9 male connector to easily fit RS232 serial ports.
- Runs on two alkaline or rechargeable AAA batteries (sold separately) for between 8 and 10 hours of telescope control on each new set of batteries.
- As a Class 1 Bluetooth device, the SkyBT has a much larger range, usually around 100 meters, when compared to more inexpensive bluetooth adapters.
A great telescope mount and tripod can truly complement the celestial observing experience of any amateur astronomer. At High Point Scientific, we have a wide array of telescope tripods and mounts from the most popular brand today, such as Celestron, Meade, Orion, and many more. Be sure to reach out to one of our telescope experts if you would like help selecting the telescope mount parts and mount that best fit your observing needs.
When selecting a telescope mount it is important that you select a mount that has more than enough payload capacity to support your telescope and any accessories you plan on adding to your telescope. A general rule of thumb is to never exceed 80% of your telescope mount's payload capacity when visual observing and never exceed 60% of your mount's payload capacity when imaging.
There are two main telescope mount types, Equatorial mounts and Alt-Azimuth mounts. Equatorial mounts, including German Equatorial mounts, are great platforms for astro-imaging and visual observing. Alt-Azimuth mounts are great for easy, point and view visual observations. Each mount type comes in computerized and non-computerized configurations. Computerized mounts can easily find celestial objects for you, taking the guesswork out of observing. However, they can also be an added expense, which is something to consider when purchasing a mount.