Mounts, Tripods & Accessories
- This Celestron SkySync GPS Accessory Module is a 16-channel GPS receiver that is capable of ascertaining your telescope's precise location along with other critical data needed to find objects in the night sky.
- Compatible with all Celestron computerized telescopes save for the SkyProdigy series.
- Plugs into the drive base port of your telescope for better initial star alignment accuracy.
- Links up to one of several Global Positioning Satellites in order to automatically download exact time, data, latitude, and longitude data.
- This Orion GPS Kit is a plug-in device that provides GoTo telescope mounts with automatic geographical location and time data taken directly from GPS satellites.
- Compatible with several Orion telescopes and mounts including the SkyQuest XTg and XXg Dobsonian, StarSeeker IV GoTo telescopes, SkyView Pro GoTo Equatorial Mount, Sirius EQ-G and Sirius Pro AZ/EQ-G Mounts, Atlas EQ-G and Atlas Pro AZ/EQ-G Mounts, and the HDX1100 EQ-G Mount.
- Intermediate and advanced amateur astronomers who observe and image from more than one location will find that this Orion GPS Kit saves them valuable time typically spent entering the information needed for proper computerized telescope mount alignment.
- The Orion GoTo Hand Controller with 3.32 or later firmware version is required for use.
- This Losmandy Garmin GPS system provides telescopes with latitude, longitude, and UTC time and date information.
- Compatible with GM-8, G-11, Titan, and G9 equatorial mounts with Losmandy Gemini 2 installed.
- Connects to the Gemini 2's Port 1 outlet and is not suitable for use with the Gemini 1.
- GPS capability is especially useful for those who frequently travel to different locations to view or image and need instant latitude/longitude data.
- iOptron internal GPS Module with 32 channels.
- Converts your SmartStar Cube-E mount into a GPS mount.
- The iOptron GPS Module is also a capable substitute unit for Cube-G, Cube Pro, MiniTower, MiniTower II, and MiniTower Pro mounts.
A great telescope mount and tripod can truly complement the celestial observing experience of any amateur astronomer. At High Point Scientific, we have a wide array of telescope tripods and mounts from the most popular brand today, such as Celestron, Meade, Orion, and many more. Be sure to reach out to one of our telescope experts if you would like help selecting the telescope mount parts and mount that best fit your observing needs.
When selecting a telescope mount it is important that you select a mount that has more than enough payload capacity to support your telescope and any accessories you plan on adding to your telescope. A general rule of thumb is to never exceed 80% of your telescope mount's payload capacity when visual observing and never exceed 60% of your mount's payload capacity when imaging.
There are two main telescope mount types, Equatorial mounts and Alt-Azimuth mounts. Equatorial mounts, including German Equatorial mounts, are great platforms for astro-imaging and visual observing. Alt-Azimuth mounts are great for easy, point and view visual observations. Each mount type comes in computerized and non-computerized configurations. Computerized mounts can easily find celestial objects for you, taking the guesswork out of observing. However, they can also be an added expense, which is something to consider when purchasing a mount.