- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Losmandy AZ8 Alt-Az Mount - No Tripod - AZ8-LT
The Losmandy AZ8 is on back order at the factory and we have not received a ship date from the manufacturer. Until we can give our customers a better idea of when they could expect receipt of a new AZ8, we will not be accepting any more orders. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Losmandy AZ8 Alt-Az Mount - No Tripod
For a superior quality alt-azimuth mount with all the outstanding machining found on the renowned GM8, you can't go wrong with the Losmandy AZ8! Machined in the USA, this heavy-duty dual-saddle alt-azimuth mount is constructed of aluminum and stainless steel, and has all stainless steel hardware. The dual mount head can take on two D or V series dovetails. Each side is capable of accepting up to 35 lbs. of equipment for a total weight capacity of 70 pounds!
To see exactly how robust the Losmandy AZ8 mount is and how much attention to detail went into its design, check out the specifications below. The AZ8 mount will be the last alt-azimuth mount you will ever need to purchase!
Losmandy AZ8 Alt-Az Mount Specifications
- Machined aluminum and stainless steel construction, and black anodized
- Full stainless steel hardware
- 35 lb. weight capacity on each side
- One 2.100” diameter needle thrust bearing
- Two 2.000” diameter needle thrust bearings
- Two 1.500" diameter need bearings
- 2.812” diameter, 7075 aluminum worm gear, 180 tooth
- Ball bearing housed High Precision Brass Worm is dual supported
- Variable slip clutch on each axis with one knob per axis design
- Both axes feature 360º slow motion control
- 3.5" diameter laser engraved setting circles
- Bubble level
- 1.250" diameter aluminum shafts
- Dual saddle plates accept both D & V series dovetails
- Accepts optional Digital Setting Circle Hardware Kit
- 13 lb. mount head weight