- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron CGX Computerized Equatorial Mount - 91530
Celestron CGX GoTo German Equatorial Mount
The all-new design of the Celestron CGX mount is the culmination of years of GEM mount design by Celestron’s engineers. Always on the cutting edge of mount design, functionality and engineering, Celestron has achieved a new level of state-of-the-art with the CGX Series Equatorial Mount. The increased load capacity of 55 pounds will accommodate larger optical tube assemblies, and won’t blink an eye when you add a camera, autoguider with rings, focal reducer, filter wheel, and other imaging accessories that help you create amazing astro-images. This increased capacity and rigidity does not come at the expense of portability. The Celestron CGX EQ Mount only weighs 44 pounds, and the tripod weighs just 19.2 pounds.
More about the Celestron CGX Mount
The innovative CGX has a lower profile than mounts that have come before it. Well-placed carry handles and ergonomic lock knobs make it easy to set up and make adjustments to the mount. a dual fix CGE/CG-5 dovetail saddle accepts your choice of OTA. The CGX is more responsive, with spring-loaded worm gears and belt drives that minimize backlash. Internal cabling means power and accessory ports do not move with the mount, and there are also home & limit switches as well as internal hard stops for both RA and Dec to prevent cable wrap and tripod strike.
The Celestron CGX Equatorial Mount tracks 20-degrees past the meridian on either side to maximize the best imaging time. Technologies such as SkyPortal WiFi and StarSense AutoAlign are supported, and All Star Polar Alignment technology is built-in, for faster and easier polar alignment. New telescope control software for automation and remote operation has been designed for the Celestron CGX in conjunction with Planewave Instruments. This software features multi-point GoTo modeling, focusing and plate solving. With this innovative software, no third party advanced PC control software is needed! An intuitive hand controller allows you to align and move the CGX with ease.
The CGX tripod comes with 2” steel tripod legs that have graduated markings for quick leveling. The spreader bar adds extra stability to the heavy-duty tripod, and offers a few places to store your extra eyepieces when observing.
Celestron CGX Equatorial Mount Highlights
- The CGX Mount has a large 55 pound weight capacity!
- More responsive, the CGX mount has spring-loaded worm gears with belt drives to minimize backlash.
- Easily mount a wide range of optical tube assemblies on the CGX dual-fit CG-5 (Vixen)/CGEM (Losmandy) dovetail saddle plate.
- Internal cabling, Home and Limit switches, internal hard stops for both axes work to prevent cable wrap, tripod strike, and keep your cables safe and out of the way.
- The CGX tracks 20-degrees past the meridian on either side, supporting you in your astro-imaging endeavors.
- All-Star Polar Alignment technology is built-in, making polar alignment easier and faster. The CGX mount also supports StarSense AutoAlign.
- Improved ergonomics and intuitive carry-handles
- Sophisticated telescope control software is all new and designed in conjunction with Planewave Instruments. Features include multi-point GoTo modeling, focusing and plate solving.
- No third party advanced PC control software is necessary.
- Mount weighs just 44 pounds, making it very portable.
- Included heavy-duty tripod has 2" stainless steel legs with graduated marks to make leveling easier.
Celestron CGX Mount Specifications
- Mount Type: German Equatorial
- Instrument load capacity: 55 lb.
- Tripod height adjustment range: 47.25” to 77.5” including EQ head
- Tripod leg diameter: 2"
- Latitude adjustment range: 3 - 65 degrees
- Tripod Weight: 19.2 lb.
- EQ Head Weight: 44 lb.
- Max Slew Speed: 5 degrees per second
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Number of Aux ports: 2
- Autoguide port: Yes
- USB Port: Yes
- Software: New telescope control PC software
For more information on the Celestron CGX Equatorial Mount, take a look at our Celestron CGX Mount Review, or watch a YouTube video in which Celestron product engineer, Bryan Cogdell, proudly goes over the highlights of the CGX Mount with High Point Scientific's Robert Dugan.