- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
iOptron GEM45 German Equatorial Mount Head & Hard Case - 7620A-HC
iOptron GEM45 GoTo Equatorial Mount Head w/ iPolar & Hard Case
The iOptron CEM45 mount incorporates contemporary technology and the classic mount design to create a lightweight and compact equatorial mount that delivers excellent functionality and ease of use! While working on their CEM series, iOptron found that there was a way to remove unnecessary bulk from the mount. This realization resulted in the iOptron GEM45 having an amazing 2.7 payload to mount weight ratio, and the mount only weighs in at 15.8 lb.! So while it is lightweight, it is still able to support up to 45 lb.!
The included GoTo technology can accurately locate and track an object with 45 lb. of equipment attached. This mount utilizes a reliable stepper motor drive system equipped with low power consumption technology to keep things running smoothly.
An integral part of this compact, lightweight mount package is the GoTo technology. Using the Go2Nova® 8407+ controller with a built in heater gives users access to a 212,000+ object database and star identification. Tacking technology like the type used with the GEM45 mount means observers can spend more time observing and less time finding their desired celestial objects. Using this equatorial mount and the tracking capabilities makes this an ideal tool for taking long exposure images.
The GEM45 has a CNC machined body that has been anodized red and black, lending to the the idea that iOptron knows how to stress both functionality and aesthetics in their design. The GEM45 mount includes large levers as part of the quick-lock drive engagement system. These levers give users the ability to snap gears into place, even when the cold nights call for thick gloves. Furthermore, the design of the GEM45 mount has an advanced, internal cable management system that will greatly minimize the risk of cables getting snagged during tracking.
When it comes to dovetail saddle compatibility, the iOptron GEM45 mount is compatible with the iOptron Universal Self-Centering Saddle, which accepts both Losmandy and Vixen style dovetail plates.
iPolar Electronic Polar Scope
In addition the GoTo technology, iOptron has included an integrated iPolar electronic polar scope. The iPolar makes aligning you telescope a breeze, even if the pole star is obscured.
All you have to do is place the plus symbol over the graphical representation of the celestial pole's location. When these two symbols are aligned they represent a precise polar alignment, allowing you to get the best performance possible from your equatorial mount. The iOptron iPolar™ utilizes an electronic camera that is aligned with both the axes of your telescopes mount. The included Windows software processes the camera's images to calculate the true location of the celestial pole (north or south) and then guides you through any adjustments needed to align your mount precisely to the pole. Gone are the days of crouching behind a "through the mount" polar scope! Instead, the iPolar™ facilitates making altitude and azimuth adjustments by just glancing at your PC's monitor. This system needs as few as four stars to locate the pole, and can do so even when the pole location itself is blocked by clouds, tree branches or other obstructions.
iPolar e-PolarScope Specifications
- Field of View (FOV): ~ 13-degrees
- Resolution: 30 arcsec approx.
- Alignment Precision: 30 arcsec
- Interface: Mini USB2.0
- Software: iPolar Software
- Operation System: Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10, 32bit or 64bit
The included hard case will help keep your mount protected from the elements during times of travel and storage.
Please Note: This package includes only the mount head and hard case. The counterweight, counterweight shaft, and tripod are not included.
- Mount Type: German Equatorial
- Mount Capacity: 45 lb. (20 kg), excluding the counterweight
- Mount Weight: 15.8 lb. (7.2 kg)
- Payload/Mount Weight: 2.78
- Mount Material: CNC machined metal
- Finish: Anodized black and red
- Latitude Adjustment Range: 14º ~ 68º
- Azimuth Adjustment Range: ± 6º
- Tracking Accuracy: < ±7 arcsec
- Periodic Error Correction: PPEC
- Period: 400 sec
- Worm Diameter: Φ17 mm, Brass
- Right Ascension Worm Wheel: Φ110 mm, 216 teeth, zero backlash
- Declination Ascension Worm Wheel: Φ110 mm, 216 teeth, zero backlash
- Right Ascension Axis Shaft: Φ45 mm steel
- Declination Ascension Axis Shaft: Φ45 mm steel
- Right Ascension Bearings: Φ68 mm
- Declination Ascension Bearings: Φ68 mm
- Motor: Precision stepper motor, 1.8º/128x micro-step
- Motor Resolution: 0.08 arcsec (200PPS)
- Transmission: Synchronous belt
- GoTo Technology: Go2Nova® 8407+, 8 line 21 character LCD
- Star Database: 212,000+
- Power: DC 12V, 5A
- AC Adapter: 100V ~ 240V
- Power Consumption: 0.6A (Tracking) and 0.9A (GoTo)
- Power Down Memory?: Yes
- Polar Scope: Internal iPolar
- Meridian Treatment: Stop (0-20° pass), flip
- Zero Position: Automatic zero search
- Dovetail Saddle: iOptron Universal Saddle, 5"
- Max Slew Speed: 4.5°/sec (1080x)
- Guiding Port: ST-4
- Communication Port: USB
- Operational Temperature: -10°C ~ 40°C
- Hard Case?: Yes