- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
iOptron SmartEQ Pro+ Equatorial Mount with Metal Case - 3200-HC
What We Like About the iOptron SmartEQ Pro Mount
- This lightweight (6.2 lb. without counterweights!) computerized German equatorial mount is just the thing for travel and quick at-home set-ups.
- The iOptron SmartEQ Pro comes with the easy-to-use and easy-to-read Go2Nova controller. It's extra large, four line LCD screen will help guide you to over 150,000 objects in the SmartEQ Pro's database.
- The stainless steel tripod has 1.25" legs and a spreader bar that can hold eyepieces while you are out in the field.
- Any telescope that weighs under 10 lb. and has a Vixen-style dovetail will ride comfortably on this mount. Weight capacity is 11 lb. not counting counterweights.
- The iOptron SmartEQ Pro mount has very low power consumption. It can run for a couple of nights on eight AA batteries.
- This model comes with the iOptron customized hard case, a polar alignment scope, metal gears, a guiding port, as well as one 2-lb. counterweight, and Vixen style dovetail saddle.
More About the iOptron SmartEQ Pro Mount
Born out of the popular iOptron Cube and iEQ mounts, the SmartEQ™ Pro mount is the ultimate Grab N’ Go German equatorial GOTO mount. It is ideal for visual observation and wide field astrophotography. The compact design and light weight (not to mention the great price) make traveling with the SmartEQ Pro mount easy.
With a recent update, the fully computerized iOptron SmartEQ Pro+ Mount now features a database of 150,000 objects. It offers the next generation GOTO technology from iOptron. The Go2Nova® Hand Controller is intuitive with a large LCD screen, allowing you to easily set up your telescope and select where you want to navigate.
The iOptron SmartEQ Pro+ Equatorial Mount is universally compatible with any optical tube assemblies using a Vixen-style dovetail connection, making it useful for beginners as well as hobbyists with multiple OTAs.
iOptron SmartEQ Pro Mount Highlights & Specs
- Specialized Grab N’ Go mount ideal for visual observer and wide field astrophotographer
- Portable, compact, and sturdy German equatorial mount that offers easy travel
- Payload: 11 lb (5 kg) (excluding counterweight)
- Mount weight: 6.2 lb (2.8 kg)
- Tripod weight: 5.7 lb
- Metal wheels and worm shafts
- Dual-axis servo motor with optical encoder
- Drive motor with 9-speed setting for precise tracking
- Resolution: 0.5 arc second
- Go2Nova™ 8408 controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GoTo Technology
- Over 150,000 celestial objects for easy surfing
- Low power consumption (8 AA batteries for 16 hours consecutive tracking)
- Retractable counterweight shaft
- ST-4 compatible guiding port
- AccuAlign™ dark field illuminated polar scope
- Serial port for firmware upgrade and computer controller
- Vixen-type dovetail saddle
- 3/8" threads to fit on camera mount
- Standard 1.25" heavy-duty stainless steel tripod