- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Losmandy G-11 Equatorial Mount with FHD Tripod and Gemini GoTo System - G11G
Losmandy G-11G Equatorial Mount with FHD Tripod and Gemini GoTo System
The Losmandy G-11 Equatorial Mount and Tripod is one of the most precise and finely crafted telescope mounts available today. The Losmandy G-11 Mount is a beautifully machined mount made of aluminum and stainless steel. This mount provides astrophotographers with a solid platform to mount their mid-to-large-size Schmidt Cassegrains and Refractors along with the other instruments that constitute their astrophotography rig.
Losmandy G-11 Equatorial Mount Highlights:
- The Losmandy G-11 Equatorial Mount has a 60 lb weight capacity for imaging, and a 75 lb. weight capacity for visual applications
- Designed, machined, assembled, and performance-tuned in the USA
- Laser engraved latitude scales and setting circles
- The Losmandy G11 weighs 92 lb including the 21 lb counterweight
- 0-68º latitude range
- Ships with OPW one-piece worm block on both axes
- Comes with tucked motors for a streamlined look and easier transport
- Spring-loaded worm added to the RA and DEC axis
- Thie G11G includes the Gemini II GoTo System
- This version of the Losmandy G-11 includes the FHD Heavy-Duty Tripod
- The FHD weighs 35 lb
Losmandy G11 Specifications:
- All machined aluminum and stainless steel, black anodized
- All hardware used is stainless steel
- One 3.750" diameter needle thrust bearing
- One 2.000" diameter needle thrust bearing
- Two 1.500" diameter needle bearings
- 5.625" diameter, 7075 aluminum worm gear, 270 teeth
- Dual supported, ball bearing housed ground High Precision Brass Worm
- Variable slip clutch, both axes with one-knob tension design
- Fully locking, unique tangent arm design altitude adjustment, 14°-64°, large knob for easy alignment (8-68° possible, with small modification)
- Laser engraved latitude scale in 2° increments
- Single knob azimuth control, bi-directional ± 8.5°
- 5.0" diameter laser engraved setting circles, 4 minute R.A., vernier reading to 1 minute / 1° Dec., vernier reading to 0.1°, R.A. circle engraved for Northern and Southern Hemisphere
- Porter slip ring design
- DC Servos for improved accuracy with higher torque than steppers
- All Losmandy equatorial mounts have been hand-tuned at the factory for optimal performance
- Dovetail saddle-plate fits both "D" Losmandy and "V" Vixen-style dovetails and allows for the interchanging of any tube assembly; this reduces need for Dec weights
- Removable stainless steel weight shaft w/safety knob
- Includes one 21 lb counterweight
- 7 lb and 11 lb extra counterweights available as options
- Through-the-axis Polar Scope capability, works in Northern and Southern Hemisphere; Note: the Polar Scope is optional
- Verified with most modern astronomical/astroimaging systems including Maxim DL, NINA, SGP, Voyager, TheSkyX, Stellarium, Sky Safari, Cartes DuCiel, APT, BYEOS, Nebulosity, etc.
- Instrument weight capacity: 60 lb. imaging, 75 lb. visual
- Equatorial head weight: 36 lb
The Losmandy Gemini GoTo System is a servo motor based computerized positioning system for the Losmandy Mounts. Losmandy has updated the Gemini GoTo System to include a newly enhanced CPU and increased memory. Perhaps most impressive is the interactive color touch screen that comes with the Losmandy Gemini 2 Go-To System.
The Gemini 2 GoTo System is incredibly precise and the choice of astrophotographers worldwide. Precise object tracking is achieved as a result of the servo motor system Losmandy utilizes. The servo motor system runs with a continuous and smooth rotation, for better tracking. A spring-loaded worm has been added to the RA and DEC axis. Further, the Losmandy system has an elevated level of torque which allows it to produce slewing rates of up to 8° per second with the GM-8 mount, 6° per second with the G-11 and 5° per second with the Titan Mount. The Losmandy Gemini system is a great instrument for use in the field because it can be run as a stand-alone system. With a 42,000+ object database and an illuminated Color LCD touch screen, this mount is a pleasure to use. Powering the unit is simple; all you need is a 3A, 12-18 Volt DC power supply. Check out our list of specifications and features pertaining to the Losmandy Gemini 2 Drive System:
Losmandy Gemini 2 Go-To System Features:
- Full Color Graphic Touch Screen clearly displays all functions including day, twilight, and night modes
- Classic four-button pattern for guiding, centering, moving, and slewing on both the touch screen and on a tactile membrane on the rear surface
- Support for the original four-button controller
- Can be used on all Losmandy GM8, G-11, & Titan mounts
- Custom mount support using the Programmable Gear Rate function
- Built-in polar alignment, periodic error correction, and model building wizards
- Built-in permanent periodic error correction
- 0.5 arcsec positional accuracy
- +/- 5 arcsecond or better uncorrected tracking (often +/- 2.5 arcsecond or better corrected)
- DC Servos for improved accuracy, with higher torque than stepper motors
- Up to 1/2 arcminute GoTo precision
- GPS-compatible with optional receiver
- Stand-alone system: No PC is required for operation
- English, German, French, & Spanish displays
- Ethernet 10/100 with full IP function permits operation from anywhere using a browser, ASCOM, or app over the web or serial port
- Mature reliable drivers for Windows, Mac, Linux including ASCOM and INDI
- Non-Volatile Memory and Real-Time Clock
- Over 42,000 objects stored in the database
- USB ports: Virtual COM to PC, ASCOM or planetarium program
- Supports SkyFi, SkyWire, WiFi, and Bluetooth adapters
- Port F: multi-function serial port; for A/D Input or Output
- Firmware upgrade via internet
- Unique modular system enables mount upgrades one axis at a time
- PEC: Periodic error correction
- Auto-Guide port (TTL)
- Dual 12~18 VDC input/output (3.0 A)
- Tiltable control panel, for easy access during operation
Gemini 2 Celestial Database Includes:
- 168 BSL
- 303 Combined_Constellation_Stars
- 5437 IC
- 1125 LBN
- 1787 LDN
- 110 Messier Objects
- 8290 NGC (New General Catalog)
- 1143 PN
- 17636 SAO (Smithsonian Ap. Obs.)
- 313 Sh2
- 223 Southern_Constellation_Stars
- 3988 WDS
The CPU on the Gemini 2 System uses a mounted PC board as its base. This is a proven setup and is one of the most reliable in the field today. The main board has auto-guider and accessory ports, for full remote control (via the web) of the system from a computer from anywhere in the world. The Gemini 2 uses a Meade LX200 inspired command set. Clock and location information can be updated through a Losmandy GPS accessory that is sold separately.
Losmandy Folding HD Tripod Specifications:
- All machined aluminum, black anodized, powder coated
- Tripod height, adjustable from 33" - 48"
- Extremely sturdy and rigid when assembled, for superior astrophotography
- Removable leg design for easy transporting
- Tripod (only) weight: 35 lb
You can find instructions on Gemini 2 Screen Calibration here.
The Losmandy G-11 Mount and Tripod with Gemini 2 Go-To Drive is a top-performing astronomical instrument with an updated, modern drive. If you are an astrophotographer looking for an ideal mount to support your telescope, the Losmandy G-11 is for you.