- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Orion HDX 110 EQ-G Go To Equatorial Mount With Tripod Pier - 10011
Orion HDX110 EQ-G Go To Equatorial Mount With Tripod Pier Highlights
- Heavy-duty, observatory-class equatorial mount with pinpoint GoTo object location and precise tracking at an amazing price
- High-capacity precision mount capable of supporting equipment loads up to 110 pounds
- Features very precise +/- 3 arcsecond native tracking without software-assisted Periodic Error Correction (PEC)
- Closed-loop GoTo electronics stay aligned even if you aim an attached telescope manually
- Includes rock-solid pier mount with folding tripod legs for convenient portability
More About The Orion HDX110 EQ-G Go To Equatorial Mount With Tripod Pier
Take your stargazing sessions and astrophotographic pursuits to the next level of precision with the Orion HDX110 EQ-G GoTo Equatorial Mount with Tripod Pier. Offering exceptionally low, typically +/-3 arcsecond tracking without correction (PEC) and a massive 110-lb. instrument capacity, the big Orion HDX110 EQ-G Mount offers demanding observers and astrophotographers unprecedented accuracy and performance for the price.
This heavy-duty head-turner of a telescope mount features robust, state-of-the-art electronics, including high-resolution, micro-stepped stepper motors and patented dual-encoder technology that allows both automated GoTo operation and manual slewing, without losing the GoTo alignment. In fact, once a successful alignment has been completed, you can loosen the RA and DEC clutches and manually reposition the mount and attached telescope while still maintaining the GoTo accuracy once the clutches are relocked.
The time-tested SynScan GoTo controller houses a 42,000-object database, and offers a highly accurate, iterative polar alignment routine that doesn't require a polar alignment scope, or even a view of the star Polaris (an optional Orion Polar Alignment Finder Scope for HDX110 EQ-G is available for those who prefer using a dedicated alignment scope). Permanent periodic error correction (PPEC) can be employed to improve the already impressive native periodic error even further, and the PEC is saved for future observing/imaging sessions - hence, "permanent".
The HDX110 Mount's EQ head features 8.6" (219.5mm) Right Ascension (RA) and Declination (Dec) worm wheels with 435 gear teeth and a thick RA and Dec shaft diameter of 55mm. It's equipped with an autoguider port, buttery smooth latitude jackscrew with a 10°-65° range, precise azimuth adjustment knobs (+/- 10° range from center), SNAP port (for DSLR shutter control), and ON/OFF switch. The mount head itself weighs 55 lbs. - yes, that's hefty - but it's equipped with two large handles that make it easy to lift on and off the included tripod pier. The 1.25"-diameter stainless steel counterweight shaft threads securely into the mount head. The saddle is a wide, "Losmandy-style" clamp plate with three locking hand knobs. Two 22.3-lb. (10kg) counterweights are included as is a counterweight shaft, hand controller, and other mount hardware.
The HDX110 EQ-G Mount's combination tripod and pier provides solid, unflinching support for the EQ head, which conveniently attaches with a single hand knob on the 5.5"-diameter pier. The substantial 2.4"-diameter steel legs fold inward for easy transport. Three heavy duty leveling pads are included, which can be placed under the tripod feet to level the mount on almost any terrain. The pier adjusts in height to place the EQ head's dovetail saddle 46" to 58" above ground (excluding leveling pads). The tripod-pier weighs 64 lbs.
An externally mounted polar scope for the HDX110 is optionally available (sold separately). The Orion HDX110 EQ-G GoTo Mount requires a 12V DC, 4A power supply or field-battery for motorized operation. A 12V DC power cable with auto-lighter plug and threaded connector to the mount is included.