- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Orion HDX 110 EQ-G Go To Equatorial Mount with Free Counterweight - 10044
Orion HDX 110 EQ-G Go To Equatorial Mount Highlights
- Heavy-duty, observatory-class equatorial mount with pinpoint GoTo object location and precise tracking at an amazing price
- Includes HDX110 EQ-G Mount head, counterweight shaft, and GoTo hand controller only - tripod or pier not included
- FREE 22.3 lb. Counterweight included when you buy from High Point!
- Closed-loop GoTo electronics stay aligned even if you aim an attached telescope manually
- The Orion HDX 110 EQ-G features very precise +/- 3 arcsecond native tracking without software-assisted Periodic Error Correction (PEC)
- High-capacity precision mount capable of supporting equipment loads up to 110 pounds
More About the Orion HDX 110 EQ-G Go To Equatorial Mount
Discover a new level of precision performance with the Orion HDX110 EQ-G GoTo Equatorial Mount. Offering exceptionally low, typically +/-3 arcsecond tracking without correction (PEC) and a massive 110-lb. instrument capacity, the big Orion HDX110 EQ-G Mount offers demanding observers and astrophotographers unprecedented accuracy and performance for the price. This model includes the HDX110 Mount head, GoTo Hand Controller, counterweight shaft and cables, and High Point includes one free 22.3 pound counterweight as well. Does not include tripod or pier.
This heavy-duty head-turner of a telescope mount features robust, state-of-the-art electronics, including high-resolution, micro-stepped stepper motors and patented dual-encoder technology that allows both automated GoTo operation and manual slewing, without losing the GoTo alignment. In fact, once a successful alignment has been completed, you can loosen the RA and DEC clutches and manually reposition the mount and attached telescope while still maintaining the GoTo accuracy once the clutches are relocked.
The time-tested SynScan GoTo controller houses a 42,000-object database, and offers a highly accurate, iterative polar alignment routine that doesn't require a polar alignment scope, or even a view of the star Polaris. Permanent periodic error correction (PPEC) can be employed to improve the already impressive native periodic error even further, and the PEC is saved for future observing/imaging sessions (hence, "permanent").
The HDX110 Mount's EQ head features 8.6" (219.5mm) Right Ascension (RA) and Declination (Dec) worm wheels with 435 gear teeth and a thick RA and Dec shaft diameter of 55mm. It's equipped with an autoguider port, buttery smooth latitude jackscrew with a 10°-65° range, precise azimuth adjustment knobs (+/- 10° range from center), SNAP port (for DSLR shutter control), and ON/OFF switch. The mount head itself weighs 55 lbs. - yes, that's hefty - but it's equipped with two large handles that make it easy to lift. The 1.25"-diameter stainless steel counterweight shaft threads securely into the mount head. The saddle is a wide, "Losmandy-style" clamp plate with three locking hand knobs.
This model of the HDX110 includes the equatorial mount head, counterweight shaft, GoTo hand controller, and cables. Tripod pier not included. The HDX110 instruction manual includes schematic plans of the mount's baseplate with dimensions for those interested in attaching the HDX110 telescope mount to a permanent pier or a preferred tripod.
The Orion HDX110 EQ-G GoTo Mount requires a 12V DC, 4A power supply or field-battery for motorized operation. A 12V DC power cable with auto-lighter plug and threaded connector to the mount is included.
About the Free Counterweight
This 22.3-pound counterweight fits the 1.25" (31.5mm) diameter counterweight shaft and has a large hand knob that's easy to grip, even while wearing bulky gloves during colder stargazing or astrophotography sessions. The hand knob features a nylon-tip locking pin that won't mar or scratch the counterweight shaft. Orion's counterweight is powder-coated with a matte black finish.