- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
iOptron Cube Dual Alt-Azimuth/German Equatorial Mount - Astro Blue - 8600B
iOptron Cube Alt-Azimuth/German Equatorial Dual Mount - Astro Blue
The SmartStar-A comes with the patented Dual Mount: Alt-Azimuth & German Equatorial, "The Cube". This compact mount design is probably the most functional and flexible unit on the market. Both axis motors are built into a small single unit which is universally compatible with all telescopes using dove-tail connections. The mount can be level for Alt-Azimuth or locked into position for German Equatorial mode.
The Cube™ - AltAzimuth/Equatorial Dual Mount:
Both axis motors are built into a small single unit which is universally compatible with all telescopes using a dovetail connection. Just select the object you want to see and the mount moves the scope to the object for you! OTA's with dovetail connection & a weight of less than 11 lb (including finder scope & camera) are compatible with the SmartStar-G GPS AltAzimuth mount.
iOptron GoToNova Computerized Control System:
The revolutionary GoToNova computerized control system is by far the most technologically advanced automated tracking system available on the market today. With a database of 50,000 celestial objects, including all of the most famous galaxies, nebulae, star clusters, and planets, you'll be able to enjoy star gazing with the simple push of a button. Includes 32-channel GPS module. The SmartStar®-G built-in 32-channel GPS module automatically calculates your latitude, longitude, and date/time. This is especially handy for those who like to take their scope on the road. Just turn on the unit and the GPS automatically connects with a satellite.
SmartStar-G GPS Astro Blue "The Cube" Altazimuth Mount:
The Cube™ compact mount design is probably the most functional, flexible, and portable unit available! Both axis motors are built into a small single unit which is universally compatible with telescopes which use a dovetail connection. With this mount, there are no "dead spots" so you can point your telescope anywhere above the horizon. Other conventional mounts block the telescope tube at certain points of rotation. This mount also comes standard with an AC power connection. An optional DC adaptor is available so you can use your car battery, if you’re camping or at any remote location. This mount is in Astro Blue color, as shown in the photo.
iOptron Easy to Understand Controller:
The GoToNova Controller is much easier to use than other similar products. The hand controller is more intuitive with better organized menu categories. It also has a larger LCD screen with more lines of content compared with the competition. Using the easy-to-use hand controller & its large LCD screen, you can easily set up your telescope & select where to point. The control system allows you to slew the telescope at 9 different drive speeds. The 8402 hand controller comes with a USB port that tremendously expands the functionalities of the already powerful system. With the USB2COM driver installed, the USB port works as an RS232 serial port. It supports firmware upgrades & computer control. With ASCOM protocol, you can control your telescope with most ASCOM compatible software. With a wide selection of software, your star gazing experience will never be the same.
iOptron Improved Tripod:
Made of 1-inch heavy-duty stainless steel, the SmartStar Tripod is sturdy, elegant, & gives the user unparalleled stability during operation. Solid construction joints keep mount locked securely. With an all-metal support system which is easy to set up, your valuable iOptron 80 mm Refractor on a Cube Mount Telescope System will be steady even on a windy night.
iOptron Cube Alt-Azimuth/German Equatorial Dual Mount Features:
- 32-Channel GPS Module
- Simply turn on the GoToNova Controller and the GPS module will automatically synchronize your telescope location and time with the computerized control system.
- View celestial objects without having to manually punch in the date, time, latitude, or longitude
- AltAzi-Equatorial Dual Mount The Cube: The only mount of its kind for ultimate rotation
- OTAs with a V series dovetail plate and a weight of less than 7 lb are compatible with the SmartStar-A GPS AltAz-EQ Dual Mount
- If you do not have a dovetail connection, attach your OTA using mounting rings and dovetail made by the OTA manufacturer
- Heavy duty stainless steel tripod
- Includes the GoToNovaTM Controller, most intuitive controller on the market
- 80,000 object database plus 256 user-defined objects
- The largest LCD screen with 8 lines and 21-character Hand Control with backlit LED buttons
- USB Port for PC or Laptop control and firmware upgrades (ASCOM protocol)
- Drive motor with 9-speed settings for precise tracking
- Dual-axis Servomotor
- Standard-equipment AC power connection (Optional DC adaptor available)
- 32-Channel GPS
- Payload: up to 7 lb, depending on tubes and attachments
iOptron Cube Alt-Az/Equatorial Dual Mount Specifications:
- Mount: Alt-Azimuth Or German Equatorial type, Dual Mount
- OTA Connection: Dovetail
- Motors: Dual-Axis DC servomotors, 12 VDC power required
- GoTo Controller: iOptron GoToNova
- USB Port: Yes
- Protocol: ASCOM
- Firmware Upgrade possible: Yes
- PC Computer Control possible: Yes
- GPS: 32 Channel, standard GPS
- Database: 80,000 objects
- Payload: 7-11 lb, depending on tubes and attachments
- Tripod: 1" stainless steel
- Battery: 8 AA batteries required (batteries not included)
- Case Weight: 10.56 lb