- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Orion StarShoot AutoGuider and 60mm Guide Scope Package - 21404
Orion StarShoot AutoGuider & 60 mm Guide Scope Highlights
- Complete autoguiding package contains 60 mm multi-use Guide Scope and StarShoot AutoGuider.
- The included Guide Scope makes selecting a guide star easy with its large 60 mm objective lens and non-rotating Helical Focuser.
- StarShoot AutoGuider incorporates a high resolution, 1/2" format 1.3 megapixel CMOS monochrome chip featuring 5.2 x 5.2 micron pixels for highly precise guiding.
- A dependable autoguiding solution that will assist with enhancing tracking accuracy of any astrophotography operation.
- Economical combination of gear allows you to add autoguiding precision without breaking the bank.
More About the Orion StarShoot AutoGuider & 60 mm Guide Scope
Complete autoguiding setup with everything necessary to take advantage of autoguided tracking accuracy when performing astrophotographic tasks. This affordable package contains Orion's award-winning StarShoot AutoGuide along with the versatile 60 mm Multi-Use Guide Scope with Helical Focuser.
For achieving pinpoint star images, whichever type of telescope you use for long exposure astrophotography, accurate guiding is an unconditional must. Using a dedicated autoguider in conjunction with a guide scope offers arguably the finest method of perfecting the accuracy of any astrophotography operation. Employing a complete autoguiding setup such as the Orion StarShoot AutoGuider with 60 mm Guide Scope is particularly advantageous when multiple long exposures are needed to capture images of faint deep sky objects.
This StarShoot AutoGuider & 60 mm Guide Scope package from Orion makes autoguiding simple for a reasonable cost that won't leave a major impact on your wallet. Let's examine each of the featured items in this package:
Orion StarShoot AutoGuider
The StarShoot AutoGuider included with this package keeps track of the selected guide star and provides constant communication with a connected equatorial telescope mount to fix any tracking errors encountered during long exposure astrophotography sessions. The internal high resolution sensor is a comparatively small, 1/2" format, 1.3 megapixel CMOS monochrome chip. This makes it an excellent match for the 60 mm Guide Scope due to the chip's small and accurate 5.2 µm x 5.2 µm pixels. With its female T-threads, the StarShoot AutoGuider easily secures to the Guide Scope.
Orion 60 mm Multi-Use Guide Scope
The included Multi-Use Guide Scope with Helical Focuser features a large 60 mm aperture lens for improved light gathering capabilities when compared with 50 mm and smaller models. The increased aperture enables you to see more stars in the view field for a brighter and broader selection of guide stars to choose from. An incorporated helical focuser provides precise focus adjustments with zero flexure for solid performance. The focuser moves the connected AutoGuider in or out while retaining its orientation, so your field of possible guide stars will not rotate while focus is being adjusted. To enable precise aiming, two heavy-duty guide scope rings with nylon-tipped thumbscrews are included along with a 3.5" long (8.9 cm), 1.18" (3 cm) diameter Vixen-style dovetail bar for smooth attachment.
An extra benefit the multi-purpose 60 mm Guide Scope with Helical Focuser brings to the table is its ability to also serve as a straight-through finderscope when coupled with a 1.25" eyepiece. Having a 1.25" eyepiece inserted enables simple visual alignment of the Guide Scope with the prime imaging telescope before the StarShoot AutoGuider is attached and used. A non-marring compression ring keeps the eyepiece barrel from being scratched while in place.
Orion StarShoot AutoGuider Specifications
- Optimal for Imaging: Deep sky
- Imaging Sensor: Micron MT9M001
- Imaging Sensor Size: 6.66 mm x 5.32 mm
- Pixel Array: 1280 x 1024 (1,310,720 total)
- Pixel Size: 5.2 µm x 5.2 µm
- Imaging Chip: Monochrome
- Video Frame Rate: 15 frames per second at full resolution
- Minimum Exposure: 0.05 seconds
- Maximum Exposure: 10 seconds
- A/D Conversion: 8 bit
- Thermoelectric Cooling: No
- IR Filter: No
- Mounting: 1.25" nosepiece or T-thread
- USB Connection: High-speed USB 2.0
- Software Compatibility: Windows 7/8; Mac OSX
- Backfocus Distance: 15 mm
- Weight: 4 oz.