- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Pegasus Astro FocusCube 2 with Universal Bracket - FCV2-U
Pegasus FocusCube 2 with Universal Bracket
The Pegasus Astro FocusCube is a dependable fast and accurate telescope focusing system that has kept up with constantly evolving astronomy technology in order to assist fast optical systems and modern imaging cameras in providing the precision focusing they require. These contemporary camera devices necessitate automatic focusing following only a tiny period of time since temperature can influence both focal length and optimal focus position. Pegasus has developed the FocusCube to meet all of these requirements.Featuring a superior quality design with modern electronics, the Pegasus FocusCube offers precise digital focus control via a PC. These electronics, along with a stepper motor that enables absolute position focusing, are housed in a small, compact box. But don't be fooled by its size! This device is capable of lifting imaging equipment weighing more than 6 kg (13.2 lbs.) without difficulty when the telescope is pointed towards the zenith! Includes a Universal L-Bracket that fits most current focusers. An SCT Bracket version for Celestron C series, EdgeHD, and RASA telescopes is also available, but not included.
Make sure you choose the correct bracket that will fit your needs.High Torque & Resolution Stepper Motor The embedded stepper motor is a high resolution geared stepper motor. Its powerful gearbox has very low backlash and high torque suitable for focusing in micron scale easily and with great accuracy. Motor step angle is 7.5 degrees, but with a 1:120 gear ratio, the gearbox reduction rate is 0.06255 degrees per step. As firmware implements half step drive, the motor can execute twice the steps per cycle. This translates to 11,510 steps per cycle! Simply attach the FocusCube to your refractor, reflector, or Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope, plug in the power and USB cables, download the ASCOM drivers or independent software, and you'll be ready to begin.
Please Note : The FocusCube is a standalone device and does not require a hand controller. It should not be paired with the Dual Motor Focus Controller or any other controller on the market. The RJ45 port should not be connected to the Ultimate PowerBox RJ45 Stepper Output.Temperature Probe Located near the motor connector is an external digital temperature sensor input. This input accepts the included one (1) meter long digital probe that can be placed near the focuser so that the precise temperature of the focuser/environment can be determined through the provided software or ASCOM driver.
The Pegasus Astro FocusCube is compatible with ASCOM 6.4 and INDI (Open Astronomy InstrumentationFirmware Upgrade Support Controller firmware supports re-programming for forthcoming upgrades via the USB 2.0 connection and upgrade software. Pegasus Astro is constantly adding new features to both the firmware and the software based on customer feedback.
Pegasus FocusCube with Universal Bracket Focuser Compatibility
- Orion Optics UK default focuser
- GSO (RC focuser)
- Takahashi (FSQ106, FSQ85, TSA102, TSA120, TOA130, FS60-CB)
- 2" and 2.5" Moonlite focusers
- Baader steel track
- Synta focuser refractors (Skywatcher Esprit 80ED, 100ED, 120ED, 150ED)
- Altair Astro (Full telescope series)
- 2", 2.5", 3", and 3.5" Starlight focusers
- Explore Scientific Refractor Focusers (Full telescope series)
- William Optics Refractors (Full telescope series)
Pegasus FocusCube Technical Specifications
- Supplied Voltage: 12V - 13.8V DC
- Motor Compatibility: Stepper motor inside the enclosure
- Motor Output: None
- USB Connectivity: USB 2.0 Type B plug
- Thermal Sensor Resolution: 9-bit Celsius temperature measurements
- Power Input Connector: 2.1 mm center positive socket
- Motor Specs: High resolution geared stepper motor with 7.5/120 degree step angle (0.06255 degree gearbox reduction rate), 5755 steps per circle of rotation (firmware implements half step drive so that one motor cycle is 5755 x 2 for 11510 steps), and very low backlash
- Dimensions: 56 mm (2.2") x 63 mm (2.5") x 39 mm (1.5")
- Weight: 10.58 oz.