- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
QHYCCD Cooled QHY128C CMOS Color Camera - QHY128C
QHYCCD Cooled QHY128C CMOS Color Camera
The QHY128C cooled CMOS camera is one of the best performing cameras in QHYCCD's COLDMOS line. With a sensor made specifically for astronomical use, this camera is equipped with a custom thermal noise reduction technology. The camera also outputs a True RAW data that results in the dark current of this camera to be a remarkable 0.0006e-/p/s at -15C. This is the lowest dark current of any camera in the COLDMOS line!
The QHY128C optical window has high quality AR+AR multi-layer coatings and the sensor surface is AR coated as well. These coatings significantly reduce halos around bright stars when capturing the images.
With anti-amp glow technology, the QHY128C is equipped with zero amplifier glow. This is apparent even in long exposures! This feature definitely sets the camera apart.
High Quality Performance
This QHY cooled color camera uses the Sony IMX128, full frame, 35mm format, 24 Mehapixel, 14-bit CMOS sensor. It also has a high dynamic range of more than 14 stops!
True RAW Image Output
The QHY128C offers a feature called True RAW Image Output. This produces an image made of the original signal only, and, therefore, maintaining the maximum felxibility for post-aquisition image processing systems.
Unique Thermal Noise Reduction Technology
Along with the 2-stage thermoelectric cooling, this QHYCCD camera uses a thermal noise technology to reduce CMOS sensor noise without affecting the quality of the raw image.
Zero Amplifier Glow
This QHY color camera has a zero amplifier glow that is independent from exposure length.
128MB DDRII Image Buffer
The QHY128C has a 128MB DDRII image buffer to cache the image. This avoids the risk of a frame loss. The image data is stored in the DDR after the image is aquired, and then it is transferred to the computer from the memory buffer. Doing this avoids problems of a busy USB port.
The QHY128C features full anti-dew technology for both the CCD sensor cover glass and the sensor chamber optical window. The QHY128C has an electric heating board made for the chamber window to prevent dew formation. The sensor is kept dry using a silicon gel tube socket design to control humidity in the sensor chamber.
AR+AR Optical Window
The QHY128C has a AR+AR coated optical window to avoid halos around bright stars. This gives full access to the red wavelength of H-alpha and SII. For RGB color balance, a separate removable 2-inch UV/IR filter is placed in a custom filter holder in front of the camera. This is done without passing the near IR wavelengths above 700nm.
- Model: QHY128C
- CMOS Sensor: SONY IMX128 COLOR CMOS
- AR Coating On Sensor: Yes
- Pixel Size: 5.97um x 5.97um
- Effective Pixel Area: 6036*4028
- Effective Total Pixels: 24 Megapixels
- Effective Image Area: 36.03 x 24.05mm
- Full Well: 74ke-
- AD Sample Depth: 14bit ADC, output as 16bit and 8bit
- Typical Sensor Size: Full Frame Size
- Max Frame Rate @ Full Resolution: 5FPS
- Frame Rate in ROI: 9FPS@2160 LINES (eg. 7400*2160, 4096*2160 etc), 16.5FPS@1080 LINES (eg. 7400*1080,1920*1080 etc), 22.5FPS@768 LINES, 32FPS@480 LINES
- Readout Noise: 1.8e- to 4e- (2.7e- @unity gain)
- Dark Current: 0.0006e/pixel/sec @ -15C
- Dynamic Range: >17000:1 (More than 14 STOPs)
- Exposure Range: 60us-3600sec
- Shutter Type: Electric Rolling Shutter
- Computer Interface: USB3.0
- Color Version: QHY128C
- Mono Version: QHYCCD and ChipMod can supply the monochrome MOD version.Please consult Dealer
- Cooled System: Dual Stage TEC cooling (about -35C below ambient)
- Optic Window Type: with AR+AR High Quality Multi-layer Anti-Reflection coating (User need install the UVIR cut filter to the camera)
- Built-in Anti-Dew Heater: Yes
- Telescope Interface: M54/0.75 female thread (on the faster installer/center adjust ring)
- Back Focal Length: 18mm (±0.5)
- Weight: 788g