- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Starlight Instruments Feather Touch Micro Pinion Focuser Upgrade Assembly for Takahashi 102 / 130 Telescopes - MPA-TAK2.7
Starlight Instruments Feather Touch Micro Pinion Focuser Upgrade Assembly for Takahashi 102/130 Telescopes
We are pleased to announce the Starlight Instruments, Inc. Feather Touch Micro Pinion Focuser upgrade assembly for the Takahashi FS-102 and TOA-130. The TRF (Takahashi Retro Fit) Micro Pinion Assemblies can be used on the Takahashi FS-102 and TOA-130 style focusers. This installation improves the performance of the telescope's fine optics by allowing precision focusing that was pioneered by Starlight Instruments, Inc. They have been making and perfecting the fine focus mechanisms for our focusers for 15 years and have gained a reputation for precision and quality. This new development now allows the fine Takahashi refractors to be upgraded with the newly designed Feather Touch Micro Pinion Assemblies. Don't settle for anything but a Feather Touch!
Technical Specifications:The unit utilizes an aesthetically pleasing machined Pinion Assembly that can be retrofitted to the Takahashi FS-102 and TOA-130 telescopes to bring together form and function. Just imagine the rigidity of having an entire pinion assembly mated to these beautiful telescopes at a very affordable price. These units use the existing Takahashi pinion with the Starlight Instruments, Inc. 10:1 fine focus mechanism. This mechanism has been improved and perfected to allow greater precision, reliability and toughness. All materials are the best available and no short cuts are ever taken. The installation is easy for most and will allow the user to now achieve the same level of performance with these telescopes as many of our customers have been enjoying with our focusers on many other telescopes. All parts are anodized aluminum for corrosion protection, beautifully designed and laser engraved. All high load parts are made from hardened stainless steel for long life, reliability and toughness.
- Ultra smooth course/fine focus knob, (10:1) Ratio
- Redesigned Hardened Stainless Steel reduction assembly for improved reliability and toughness
- Clear Anodized aluminum Pinion Housing beautifully designed, machined, and laser engraved
- Large course anodized aluminum focus knobs with machined knurled diameter for superior feel and gripping action
- Composite anodized aluminum fine focus knob for superior inertial feel
- Easy to install and adjustable for reliable and optimum performance
- An aesthetically pleasing design that matches the wonderful performance of these telescopes