- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Meade 12" LX600 ACF (f/8) Telescope with StarLock - No Tripod - 1208-70-01N
Meade 12" LX600 ACF (f/8) with StarLock
- This 12" LX600 ACF with Starlock is designed by Meade with a unique design with an integrated object finding and star tracking system built right into the telescope mount
- The LX600 ACF with Starlock enables you to pinpoint stars all the way across the field of view with the redesigned f/8 ACF optics
- The Meade LX600 ACF with Starlock has a completely redesigned mirror mounting system that achieves zero-image shift
- Featured with the Meade LX600 ACF is the Autostar II Controller that puts over 145,000 objects at your fingertips with the fastest go to performance around
- The Meade 12" LX600 ACF has large, high quality worm-gear drives in both axes which allows for smooth movements and is especially useful during long exposure astrophotography
- The Meade 12" LX600 ACF with Starlock by design, communicates directly with the motor drives to lock onto its target with arcsecond precision
- The Meade 12" LX600 ACF with Starlock is a portable package that is easy to operate and makes taking great astrophotos a snap
The Meade 12" LX600 ACF with Starlock is a complete astrophotographic package featuring an ultra-fast Advanced Coma-Free optical system and StarLock autoguider. Not only does the 12" LX600 ACF with Starlock have some the best features and technology integrated into its design but it is also simple to operate and is travel friendly.
StarLock: In the telescope mount of the LX600 you will find a unique integrated star tracking and object locator system. These features allow you to center your target perfectly in the field of view. Once centered, the star tracking system communicates directly with the motor drives to automatically assure your scope stays locked onto its target with arcsecond precision. The automated optical tracking system delivers long-exposure guiding with pinpoint stars on astroimages despite atmospheric refraction, periodic mechanical errors, or misalignments. This level of accuracy is exclusive and unobtainable with other systems using software pointing models, high precision encoders, large gears or PEC training- all without the need of an external computer.
New f/8 Advanced Coma-Free Optical System: To achieve zero image-shift and two-speed microfocuser, Meade has completely redesigned the OTA's with a new focusing and mirror mounting system. The LX600 features faster f/8 ACF optics giving you pinpoint stars all the way across the field of view.
Internal Crayford-style 7:1 Focuser: Eliminating the need for a mirror lock and integrating a two-speed microfocuser for quick and easy adjustments, the redesigned mirror mounting system achieves zero-image shift.p>Solid Fork Mount With Heavy Duty 5.75" Gears: For long exposure astrophotography it is critical for smooth movements with low periodic error. This is possible using the LX600 because of the large, high-quality worm-gear drives in both axes. You can also go horizon to horizon without any meridian flip which is unlike German Equatorial mounts.
Alt/Az Mode: The LX600 makes for the best visual and short exposure experience in Alt/Az Mode and performs LightSwitch fully automated self alignment. StarLock will track with arcsecond accuracy and put every target dead center in the eyepiece. This enables users to concentrate on the gorgeous, wide fields of pinpoint stars created by the outstanding f/8 ACF optical system.
Autostar II Controller: The Autostar II Controller gives you over 145,000 objects at your fingertips with the fastest GoTo performance available (8 degrees per second). The LX600 also gives you the option to control the system from an external computer.
Optional X-Wedge: The X-Wedge is a vital accessory for long exposure astro-imaging. Compared to other equatorial wedges, the X-Wedge is thirty percent more stable because of the precision CNC-machined from ultra-ridged, aircraft-grade aluminum with smooth accurate altitude and azimuth adjustments.
Portability: The LX600 can easily be transported from your suburban backyard or to a remote site where you can enjoy remarkable visual and imaging results. Regardless of your location, the versatility of being able to transport the LX600 makes this unique design even more appealing to users.
This version of the 12" LX600 ACF comes without a tripod so that you can mount it on a pier instead. If you need help choosing the proper pier for your application and this telescope, we'd be glad to help.