- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Meade 16" LX200 ACF Computerized Telescope - No Tripod - 1610-60-02N
Meade 16" LX200 ACF Computerized Telescope - No Tripod
This product is a Meade 16" LX200 ACF Computerized Telescope which is sold without a Tripod or a pier. It is intended to be mounted upon an existing tripod or pier (user supplied) as the user requires.
The most widely used research telescope on earth now comes with the most advanced optical system. Meade's LX200-ACF brings Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) optics within reach of aspiring astronomers everywhere. Nearly every observatory reflector in the world uses an aplanatic (coma-free) optical system like the Ritchey-Chretien (RC), including NASA's Hubble Space Telescope. Now you can own similar optics to what the professionals use. The LX200-ACF includes all the field-proven features of the LX200 including GPS, Primary Mirror Lock, Zero Image-Shift Microfocuser, Oversized Primary Mirror, SmartDrive Smart Mount, AutoStar II and more. Plus, the LX200-ACF comes with observatory-class optics and a Series 5000 26mm 5-Element Plossl eyepiece. The new LX200-ACF. It's the biggest news in astronomy since, well, the LX200.
The "advanced" in Advanced Coma-Free.A traditional Ritchey-Chretien (RC) is a type of reflector that delivers a coma-free, flat field of view via hyperbolic primary and secondary mirrors. RC telescopes (from a variety of manufacturers) are found in most of the world's top observatories and NASA's Hubble Space Telescope. Because the mirrors in these telescopes have always been very expensive to make, few amateur astronomers could enjoy them. Fortunately, Meade engineers developed a radical new Advanced Coma Free design by combining a hyperbolic secondary mirror with a corrector-lens-and-spherical-primary-mirror combination that performs as one hyperbolic element. This ACF design produces a coma-free, flat field of view that rivals traditional RC telescopes at a fraction of the cost. The design even eliminates diffraction spikes and improves astigmatism, both of which are inherent in the traditional RC design. When reviewing Meade's LX400-ACF Advanced Coma Free, Sky and Telescope magazine said, " [It] does indeed perform like a [Ritchey-Chretien]. The difference between the off-axis images (compared to a Schmidt-Cassegrain) was dramatic to say the least."
f/10 Advanced Coma-Free Optics - Building from a classic RC design, Meade has created a new design with the same coma-free pinpoint star images and flatter field that discerning astrophotographers and most professional observatories have come to expect from classic Ritchey-Chretien optics. Meade's Advanced Coma-Free system also reduces the astigmatism and eliminates diffractions spikes found in classical RCs. The LX200-ACF is the perfect platform for the demanding researcher and imaging enthusiast with telescopes available in apertures of 8 inches, 10 inches, 12 inches, and 16 inches.
Meade Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) increases total light tran+smission and image brightness by nearly 20% over Meade's standard coatings. Objects such as stars, galaxies and nebulae will appear significantly brighter.
Zero Image-Shift Microfocuser allows you to obtain precise image focus with no image movement.
Primary Mirror Lock locks the mirror in place during long-exposure astrophotography.
Oversize Primary Mirror diameters are greater than their listed aperture (e.g., the diameter of the 8" LX200-ACF is actually 8.25"). This additional 1/4" yields a wide, fully illuminated field-of-view.
Smart Mount constantly refines pointing accuracy each time an object is centered and updated. Compatible with both equatorial and altazimuth mounts.
Coma Killer - What is coma? It's not some sort of astronomical state of unconsciousness. It's an optical aberration. Precisely defined, coma is a distortion in which the image of a star cannot be focused to a point, but takes on the shape of a comet.
Smart Drive provides permanent periodic error correction (PPEC) on both axes by learning and averaging error over the course of one or more training periods, thereby minimizing guiding corrections during long-exposure photographs. PPEC is available on both axes and functions in both polar and altazimuth modes.
Sony GPS Receiver Sensor automatically inputs precise time, date, and geographical location to help quickly and precisely align the telescope.
AutoAlign - Telescopes with Meade's new AutoAlign come pre-aligned.They are smart scopes that know the night sky right out of the box. AutoAlign picks two fail-proof alignment stars for you and places them right in your view-finder. Just center to fine tune your alignment and the wonders of the universe are at your fingertips.
AutoStar II controller features "Hot Keys" for quick access to a 145,000 celestial object database. AutoStar II can be updated with the latest software upgrades, guided tours and timely objects like comets free at meade.com.
- Sony GPS Receiver
- Primary Mirror Lock
- Zero Image-Shift Microfocuser
- Oversized Primary Mirror
- AutoStar II handbox with 145,000 object library
- Smart Drive with Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC)
- Patented Level North Technology Alignment System
- 26mm Series 5000 5-Element Plossl Eyepiece
- 8x50 Viewfinder
- Diagonal Prism, AutoStar Suite Astronomer Edition Software
- AutoStar upgrades available free at www.meade.com.
- High-performance Meade Advanced Coma Free Design optical system.
- Aperture - 16" (406.4mm)
- Focal length/ focal ratio - 4064mm f/10
- Maximum Practical Visual Power - 950x
- Mount Type - Double fork Alt-Az no tripod
- 4 speed electronic zero image-shift micro focuser
- Primary mirror lock with progressive tension
- Eyepiece - Series 5000 26mm 5-element plossl
- Finderscope - 8x50mm straight thru
- GPS - 16 Channel GPS receiver with true-level and north sensors
- Pointing precision - 1-arc min high precision mode
- Hand Controller - AutoStar II with 147,541 object database
- Batteries - (8) C-cell batteries (user supplied)
- Primary and Secondary Mirror - Pyrex Glass grade-A
- Corrector Plate - water white glass
- Telescope total net weight - 318 pounds (with field tripod)
- Shipping weight - 360 pounds (approximately)
- Mount type - None
- Coatings - UHTC enhanced coatings