- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Orion SkyQuest XX12i Truss Dobsonian Telescope with Shroud and Case - 24443
SkyQuest XX12i IntelliScope Truss Tube Dobsonian
If the idea of a big-aperture telescope appeals to you, but the portability issue has kept you on the fence, you can hop off it now. We've got the perfect solution - the SkyQuest XX12i IntelliScope Truss Tube Dob. It's a deep-sky observer's dream scope, offering jumbo 12" Pyrex optics (f/4.9); a stylish, reduced-weight base outfitted with IntelliScope object location technology; and a sturdy truss tube design that disassembles in about a minute into compact, easily portable components.
Finally, a deluxe, large-aperture Dobsonian that fits comfortably in a compact car for transport to your favorite observing site! The eight trusses (four captive pairs) provide more-rigid support than other designs in this category. We've also outfitted the XX12i base with nothing but the best materials: EbonyStar laminate and non-stick PTFE azimuth bearing surfaces provide silky smooth azimuth motion. Equipped with dual-speed (11:1) 2" Crayford focuser, large 8" altitude bearings, full set of great accessories, a computerized database of 14,000 celestial objects - and a price just north of a grand! - the XX12i is one killer telescope deal.
It's the big Dob you've dreamed of owning, and now you can take it with you wherever dark skies beckon! Get the practical, amazingly affordable SkyQuest XX12i and hit the road to astronomical adventure.
SkyQuest XX12i Truss Tube Dobsonian Shroud
Black shrouds are usually so funereal - but not when you're talking truss tube Dobs! For the best performance from any truss Dob, a shroud is a must. This one, custom designed for the SkyQuest XX12i, is made of a stretchy nylon blend material that fits like a glove over the truss poles of the XX12i, fastening with thick elastic bands on both ends.
The water-resistant, opaque black fabric blocks stray light from entering the optical path, thus improving image contrast. It's also breathable, which minimizes unwanted vibration of the scope in breezy conditions. Use of the shroud will lessen the accumulation of dust and dirt on the mirrors during use, and will help prevent dew from forming on them. Made in the U.S.A.
SkyQuest XX12i Truss Tube Dobsonian Case Set
The beauty of a big truss tube Dob is that it can be disassembled into conveniently sized components for easy transport. And transporting the SkyQuest XX12i will be much easier, and the components much better protected, with this set of cases designed just for the XX12i.
The set includes three cases plus a secondary mirror cover. Each case is made of durable, waterproof, 600-denier polyester/nylon material with a urethane coating and a 100% nylon lining, and double stitched for extra strength. There are separate padded cases for the upper and lower optical tube sections as well as a case for the truss poles. The poles slip into separate compartments to prevent direct contact among them.
The truss case attaches to the lower optical tube case with a hook-and-loop fastener so the two can be carried together as one. The lower tube case also has a zippered pocket to hold accessories. All the cases have carrying handles. Lastly, the soft nylon secondary mirror "sock" is included to keep the mirror free of dust when the scope is idle. Keep your SkyQuest XX12i Truss Tube Dob looking like new and get it to your observing site more easily and securely with this set of custom cases. Made in the U.S.A.
Meets or exceeds all California State Environmental Quality & Safety Regulations (CARB 93120 Phase 2 Compliant).