- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Meade 14" LX850 ACF Telescope with Starlock - 1408-85-01
Meade 14" LX850 ACF Telescope with Starlock
- Meade LX850 German Equatorial Mount with 14" Advanced Coma Free f/8 optical tube for high contrast, tack sharp views across the entire field
- Ultra high precision mount provides accuracy to 1 arc-second
- Equipped with revolutionary Starlock technology to enable fully automated guiding
- Ensuring extremely accurate guiding, Starlock automatically programs periodic error correction and corrects for any other errors down to virtually zero
- Features computer-assisted polar alignment and a 90 lb. weight capacity
Setting a new standard in astrophotographic and visual performance, Meade proudly introduces the Meade 14" LX850. This fast f/8 Advanced Coma Free optical system generates a wider, flatter, coma-free field offering pinpoint star images favored by discriminating amateur astronomers, astrophotographers, and professional observers alike. Comes with Starlock dual imager integrated autoguider, Ultra Precision Pointing and Assisted Drift Alignment, 5.8" 225-tooth polished bronze worm/gear drives with low periodic error, internal cable routing, GPS receiver, AutoStar II GOTO system with an object library of more than 144,000, universal AC adapter, Meade Zero Image Shift Electronic Micro-Focuser, telescope to computer USB cable, and AutoStar Suite software. Mount weighs 55 lbs. Includes a heavy-duty Giant Field Tripod with 3" diameter stainless steel legs with fully adjustable height from 29" to 45". This tripod weighs 36 lbs and provides dependable performance. The Meade 14" LX850 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope with 2845 mm focal length (f/8) features Advanced Coma Free (ACF) Optics and Ultra High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) to provide maximum image brightness and contrast. This Meade ACF telescope also incorporates an internal Crayford style zero image shift focusing system with dual-speed, 7:1 reduction control. At the core of this Meade ACF telescope is Meade's Starlock Technology. This revolutionary new technology completely automates target acquisition on your imaging sensor and accurate guiding during exposures. Featuring Meade's exclusive LightSwitch technology, Starlock utilizes an 80 mm f/5 refractor optical tube with dual camera sensor system for computer assisted polar alignment using the drift method. Starlock will begin guiding the mount in real time once aligned, and will even automatically program periodic error corrections for guiding precision up to 1 arc-second in favorable seeing as well as the capability of guiding on stars as faint as 11th magnitude. The Meade 14" LX850 EQ forms the foundation of any great imaging set up. Constructed of machined stainless steel and aircraft grade aluminum, the Meade 14" LX850 is capable of accepting payloads of up to 90 lbs. for rock solid support for the most demanding applications with a pointing accuracy as good as 1 arc-minute. Durability is enhanced via precision roller bearings on both axes, a 1.75 stainless steel RA shaft, 5.8" main gears, fine manual adjustment controls on both axes, illuminated reticle output port, telescope to computer USB cable, and AutoStar Suite software. Mount weighs 55 lbs. Includes a heavy-duty Giant Field Tripod with 3" diameter stainless steel legs with fully adjustable height from 29" to 45". This tripod weighs 36 lbs and provides dependable performance for this Meade ACF telescope. This Meade ACF telescope package also includes three 26 lb. stainless steel counterweights. Additional counterweights are sold separately. Additional accessories include Meade Series 5000 2" dielectric diagonal with enhanced 99% reflectivity, Series 5000 25 mm HD-60 eyepiece, and 8x50 viewfinder with quick release bracket. In addition, an extra bracket is also included for alternate OTA Starlock mounting if needed.
Meade LX850 Equatorial Mount & Giant Field Tripod Specifications
- Mount Type: Equatorial
- Mount Electronics: Computerized with GoTo
- Payload Capacity: 90 lbs.
- Hand Controller: AutoStar II
- Objects in Database: 145,000
- Pointing Precision (High Precision Mode): +/- 1 arc-minute
- Periodic Error Correction: Both Axes
- Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC): Yes
- Software: Meade Starlock
- Typical Guiding Performance with Starlock: <1 arc-second
- Built-In Camera or Autoguider: Yes
- Slow Motion Controls: Electronic
- Slew Speeds: RA and Dec: 1x, 2x, 8x, 16x, 64x sidereal and 0.25°/sec, 0.5°/sec, 1°/sec, and 3°/sec (max)
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, or custom-selected from 2000 incremental rates
- Control Panel: 12v DC in, 12v DC out, Power, Focuser, Reticle, Handbox port, 1 computer connection port (RS232), 1 StarLock port, 1 Aux guide port
- Mounting Style: Losmandy-style dovetail plate
- Counterweights: 1 @ 26 lbs.
- Tripod: LX850 Heavy-Duty Giant Field Tripod
- Tripod Leg Material: Metal
- Power Source: 12v DC, 5 amp Meade universal power supply
- GPS Receiver: Yes
- Time Chip: Yes
- Smart Mount: Yes
- Smart Drive: Yes
- Anti-Vibration Pads: Included
- Mount Weight: 55 lbs.