- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Meade 8" LX200 ACF Computerized Telescope - No Tripod - 0810-60-03N
Meade 8" LX200 ACF Computerized Telescope - No Tripod
Enjoy Meade's impressive Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) optics with this LX200 optical tube assembly. With a GPS, Primary Mirror Lock, Oversized Primary Mirror, SmartDrive; Smart Mount, AutoStar II, and more, this scope is packed with all of the features you need to enjoy the night sky.
Traditionally, Ritchey-Chretien (RC) optics were required to deliver a coma-free, flat field of view in astronomical telescopes. Because the mirrors in these telescopes have always been very expensive to make, few amateur astronomers could enjoy them. Fortunately, Meade engineers developed a radical new Advanced Coma-Free design by combining a hyperbolic secondary mirror with a corrector-lens and spherical-primary-mirror combination that performs as one hyperbolic element. This ACF design produces a coma-free, flat field of view that rivals traditional RC telescopes, at a fraction of the cost. The design even eliminates diffraction spikes and improves astigmatism. The Meade Advanced Coma-Free optics are Coma killers. What is coma? It's an optical aberration which causes a distorted star image, in which the image of the star cannot be focused to a point, but takes on the shape of a comet.
f/10 Advanced Coma-Free Optics: Building from a classic RC design, Meade has created a new design which is the perfect platform for the demanding researcher and imaging enthusiast, with telescopes available in various apertures. This telescope has an aperture of 8".
Meade Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) increases total light transmission and image brightness by nearly 20% over Meade's standard coatings. Objects such as stars, galaxies, and nebulae will appear significantly brighter. An optional Zero Image-Shift Microfocuser (ordered separately) will allow you to obtain precise image focus with no image movement. Perfect for astroimaging or during planetary observation. Focus is controlled thru the Autostar II handbox.
An oversize Primary Mirror for a brighter image and a Primary Mirror Lock prevents the mirror from shifting, to eliminate image movement during long-exposure astrophotography. In addition, the Smart Drive provides permanent periodic error correction (PPEC) on both axes by learning and averaging error over the course of one or more training periods, thereby minimizing guiding corrections during long-exposure photographs. PPEC is available on both axes and functions in both polar and alt-azimuth modes.
AutoAlign: Telescopes with Meade's new AutoAlign are smart scopes that know the night sky right out of the box. AutoAlign picks two alignment stars for you and places them right in your view-finder. Just center to fine tune your alignment and the wonders of the universe are at your fingertips. A Sony GPS Receiver Sensor automatically inputs precise time, date, and geographical location to help quickly and precisely align the telescope.
The AutoStar II controller features "Hot Keys" for quick access to a 145,000 celestial object database. AutoStar II can be updated with the latest software upgrades, guided tours, and timely objects like comets, for free via the internet.
Meade 8" LX200 ACF Telescope Specifications
Telescope Series: Meade LX200
Telescope Optical Design: Advanced Coma-Free
Telescope Aperture: 8"
Telescope Focal Ratio: f/10
Telescope Focal Length: 2000mm
Optical Coatings: UHTC
Diagonal Included: Yes - 1.25" Star Diagonal
Telescope Eyepiece(s) Included: Yes - 1 Eyepiece Included
Finder Included: Yes - 8 x 50 Finder Included
Telescope Power Adapter Included: No - Sold Separately
Focuser Style: Internal Moving Primary
Focuser Size: Internal Focuser with 1.25" Rear Cell Adapter
Focuser Speed: Single Speed
Telescope Mount Type: Alt-Azimuth
Telescope Power Source: C Batteries
Telescope OTA Weight: 45lb
Telescope Warranty Period: 1 year