- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Meade 8" LX90 ACF Computerized Telescope - 0810-90-03
Meade 8" LX90 ACF Computerized Telescope
The Meade LX90 ACF is a one of the classic Catadioptric Telescopes offered by Meade Instruments. The 8" Meade LX 90 comes packed full of features. Some of the most popular features are listed below.
Meade 8" LX90 ACF Features:
- Meade ACF Coma Free Optics
- GPS - Built in Sony GPS Sensor
- Meade LX90 Auto Align Technology
- Oversized Aluminum Tripod
- Meade LX90 Smart Mount Technology
The 8" Meade LX90 Telescope has been a reliable workhorse for astronomers for years. For a complete manufacturer listing for the 8" Meade LX90 take a look at the complete description below.
The LX90-ACF represents the latest step in the evolution of the LX90, featuring Meade's f/10 Advanced Coma-Free Optics. Building from a classic RC design, Meade has created a new optical design with the same coma-free pinpoint star images and flatter field that discerning astrophotographers and most professional observatories expect. The NEW LX90-ACF with Meade's Advanced Coma-Free system also reduces the astigmatism and eliminates diffractions spikes found in classical RCs. No competing Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope can make those claims. The LX90-ACF is the perfect platform for the demanding visual observer and imaging enthusiast with telescopes available in apertures of 8 inches, 10 inches, and 12 inches. When it comes to industry-leading optics, depth of features, and computerized operation, the LX90-ACF is the best all-around telescope value you can find.
AudioStar with Astronomer Inside is the latest addition to many of Meade's world class telescopes, including this one. In short, AudioStar is like having your very own personal astro guide by your side.
Astronomer Inside can uniquely selects the best objects from your sky based on your location and the time of night you are observing. AudioStar then plays descriptions of each object so you can learn about what you are seeing. Astronomer Inside has audio content for planets, stars, constellations, star clusters, nebula, galaxies and much more.
- GPS - LX90-ACF can do more than track satellites. It talks to them as well. Turn it on and the built-in Sony GPS sensor immediately determines your precise date, time and location. AutoAlign then uses this info to align your scope for a tour of the most spectacular sights in the universe. With all the features of the legendary LX90GPS, plus the additon of Advanced Coma-Free optics and the ability to communicate to satellites, the new LX90-ACF now has it all.
- Autoalign - Telescopes with Meade's new AutoAlign come pre-aligned. They are smart scopes that know the night sky right out of the box. AutoAlign picks two fail-proof alignment stars for you and places them right in your viewfinder. Just center them to fine tune your alignment and the wonders of the universe are at your fingertips.
- Oversixed Primary Mirror - Only Meade manufactures their primary mirrors in diameters larger than their listed aperture (e.g. the diameter of the 8" LX90's primary mirror is actually 8.25").This additional 1/4" yields a wider, fully illuminated field-of-view, and allows you to see the light other telescopes leave behind.
- 8 X 50 Viewfinder - Quickly and easily locate and center deep sky objects.
- Slew Speed - The LX90-ACF slews (moves) from star to star at 7 degrees per second. That is more than twice as fast as the competition. This means that over the course of an evening, a Meade LX90-ACF will show you two to three times more objects.
- Rigid Cast Aluminum Fork Mount - The Meade LX90-ACF's Optical Tube Assembly is mounted on two sturdy fork arms giving you a rock solid platform for astrophotography.
- LX200 Series Tripod - The LX90-ACF comes standard with the same sturdy field tripod as the LX200-ACF series telescope.
- Smart Drive - Meade's AutoStar provides Periodic Error Correction (in polar mode). Over the course of one or more training periods your LX90-ACF will minimize guiding corrections during long exposure astrophotography.