- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Apertura 10" f/4 Imaging Newtonian OTA - 10F4N
Apertura 10" f/4 Imaging Newtonian OTA
This large aperture reflecting telescope is a great choice for deep-sky, wide field imaging, especially with the addition of the optional High Point Coma Corrector! The fast 10" f/4 Newtonian optical tube assembly has diffraction-limited optics, a built-in cooling fan, and an extended OTA in front of the focuser that increases contrast by keeping stray light from hitting the optics. The sturdy 3.3" Crayford focuser has linear bearings that result in a rigid draw tube and virtually no flexure. You can easily attach a 35mm DSLR camera, webcam, or CCD/CMOS imaging camera and be confident in the mechanical build of the Apertura 10" f/4 Newtonian.
The rolled steel OTA is 38.5" long, has a diameter of 11-7/8", and weighs 29.25 pounds without the finder installed. The interior of the tube is painted flat black to reduce reflections. The center-spotted parabolic primary mirror is guaranteed to be diffraction-limited, and is housed in an aluminum cell that is fitted with six "push/pull" collimation knobs for easy collimation without tools. The secondary mirror vanes (there are four of them) are as thin as possible while maintaining stability.
A pair of felt-lined split tube rings and a Vixen-style mounting plate are included with the OTA. If you will be attaching this optical tube assembly to heavy-duty mount, you may require the larger Losmandy-style dovetail, which is sold separately. Keep in mind that the Apertura 10" f/4 OTA weighs just about 30 pounds, and will require a mount that can handle a pretty substantial payload. A good option would be the Celestron CGE Pro or CGX, the Losmandy G11, the Paramount, or the Meade LX850. The Apertura 10" Newtonian also has a dovetailed finder adapter attached, and accepts the included 50mm finderscope bracket. An 8x50 straight-through optical finderscope slides easily into this bracket.
Sometimes it seems to take forever for your telescope to cool to ambient temperature. The Apertura 10" f/4 Imaging Newtonian has a built-in cooling fan will help get you imaging faster! This low-vibration fan is mounted on the primary mirror cell and is powered by a battery pack that holds eight (8) AA batteries (batteries not included).
The Apertura 10" f/4 Reflector OTA comes with a heavy-duty 3.3" linear-bearing Crayford Focuser, which is very different from standard Crayford focusers found on most reflectors. There is less wear on the focuser draw-tube, less flexure, and more rigidity due to design differences that support the drive rail and draw-tube along the length of travel instead of at a few contact points. This 3.3" linear bearing focuser also sports dual-speed 1:10 focus, a tension lock knob, and a focus lock knob so that your focus point stays put while imaging. The draw tube has 2" of travel, and has a focusing scale marked on the top to help you come back to the same focus point again and again. A 3.3" to 2" and 2" to 1.25" compression ring adapter are included as standard equipment.
This Product Comes with the Apertura Absolute Warranty!
- Two-Year Warranty against product defects.
- Three-Year Accident Replacement Program that begins after your initial 2 year warranty expires.
- Your Apertura Absolute Warranty is transferable.
Download a copy of the Apertura Absolute Warranty for more information on this program, how to make a claim, and why it is important to keep your original receipt and the product's original boxes & packaging!