- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Apertura 8" f/4 Imaging Newtonian OTA - 8F4N
Apertura 8" f/4 Imaging Newtonian OTA
This telescope is a great choice for wide-field imaging! The fast 8" f/4 Newtonian optical tube assembly has diffraction-limited optics, a built-in cooling fan, and an extended tube in front of the linear-style 2" Crayford focuser that increases contrast by keeping stray light from hitting the optics.
The rolled steel 8" OTA is 28" long, has a diameter of 9", and weighs 18 pounds without the finder installed. The interior of the tube is painted flat black to reduce reflections. The center-spotted parabolic primary mirror is guaranteed to be diffraction-limited and is housed in an aluminum cell that is fitted with six "push/pull" collimation knobs for easy collimation without tools. The secondary mirror vanes (there are four of them) are as thin as possible while maintaining stability.
A pair of felt-lined split tube rings are included with the OTA. These rings can be attached to either a Vixen (included) or Losmandy-style mounting plate (sold separately), giving you the ability to use a wide variety of equatorial mounts. The Apertura 8" OTA also has a dovetailed finder adapter attached and accepts the included 50mm finderscope bracket. An 8x50 straight-through optical finderscope slides easily into this bracket.
The Apertura 8" f/4 Reflector OTA comes with a 2" dual-speed linear-bearing Crayford focuser. This focuser is very sturdy and has a monorail that will keep drag under heavy loads to a minimum. You can achieve rough focus with the larger of the two knobs, and then tweak your focus with the smaller 10:1 micro-focusing knob. There are two other knobs on the focuser: A tension knob allows you to adjust the drag on the draw tube to match the weight of the load, and the second knob locks the focus in place; a real help when imaging. The focuser comes with a 35mm 2" extension tube to help achieve the back focus requirement of your imaging set-up. Other extension tubes are available optionally for different back focus requirements. A 2" to 1.25" compression ring adapter is included as standard equipment.
Sometimes it seems to take forever for your telescope to cool to ambient temperature. The Apertura 8" f/4 Imaging Newtonian has a built-in cooling fan will help get you imaging faster! This low-vibration fan is mounted on the primary mirror cell and is powered by a battery pack that holds eight (8) AA batteries (batteries not included).
This Product Comes with the Apertura Absolute Warranty!
- Two-Year Warranty against product defects.
- Three-Year Accident Replacement Program that begins after your initial 2 year warranty expires.
- Your Apertura Absolute Warranty is transferable.
Download a copy of the Apertura Absolute Warranty for more information on this program, how to make a claim, and why it is important to keep your original receipt and the product's original boxes & packaging!