- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron Cometron 114AZ - 114 mm Newtonian Reflector Telescope on Alt-Azimuth Mount - 21079
What We Like About the Celestron Cometron 114AZ
- The simple yet effective optics on the 114AZ present clear, sharp views without unwanted extraneous color.
- The "fast" focal ratio of the Cometron 114 yields extra wide fields of view, perfect for viewing comets and other large astronomical objects.
- Set this lightweight and portable telescope up in a flash, with no tools. It allows you to be spontaneous about your star-gazing, and that just adds to the fun!
- You can move the Cometron around with an easy-to-use handle, and find objects quickly with the included red dot finder.
More About the Celestron 114 mm Cometron Alt-Azimuth Telescope
Even beginning stargazers can catch stunning views of the next comet with Celestron’s Cometron 114AZ. This telescope was designed specifically for viewing comets, but it will serve you well on all of your astronomical endeavors for years to come! The Celestron 114AZ Newtonian telescope offers a 4.5" parabolic mirror to capture the sharpest views of comets on their journey toward the Sun, whether they are big and bright or diminutive and faint.
The simple Newtonian reflector optical design, altazimuth mount, and included red-dot finderscope make it easy to navigate the night sky. A steel tripod provides stability, and two high-quality Kellner eyepieces are included to get different magnifications on your chosen objects.
The Celestron Cometron 114AZ telescope is also a perfect instrument for viewing objects in our solar system and beyond. The Celestron 114AZ Newtonian telescope's wide field of view renders the Moon, the Milky Way galaxy, and the rings of Saturn in impressive detail. You’ll even be able to observe the moons of Jupiter as well as distant objects like the Orion Nebula.
Celestron Cometron 114AZ Specifications
- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
- Aperture (mm): 114 mm (4.49 in)
- Focal Length: 450 mm (18 in)
- Focal Ratio: /3.95
- Eyepieces Included: 10mm & 20mm Kellner
- Finderscope: StarPointer Red Dot Finder
- Mount Type: Alt-azimuth with panning handle
- Tripod: Adjustable, stainless steel
- Tripod Leg Diameter: 1"
- Highest Useful Magnification: 269 x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 16 x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12.8
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.22 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 1.02 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 265 x
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 1.35 in (34 mm)
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 9.05%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 30%
- Optical Coatings: Aluminum with SiO2
- Optical Tube Length: 18 in (457 mm)
- Optical Tube Weight: 3.8 lb (1.72 kg)
- Total Telescope Kit Weight: 8.4 lb (3.81 kg)
- Mount Height (Max): 46 in (1168 mm)
- Mount Height (Min): 29 in (737 mm)