- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron AstroMaster 114EQ Telescope Essentials Bundle - 31042-BUN1
Celestron AstroMaster 114EQ 4.5” Telescope Essential Bundle
Includes a 2X Barlow, Motor Drive and Moon Filter!
- This special Celestron AstroMaster 114 telescope bundle includes useful telescope accessories that have been hand-picked by High Point Scientific to provide you with a quality astronomy experience!
- The Celestron 4.5” AstroMaster is a great first telescope! With 4.5 inches of aperture, you can experience solar system objects like the Moon, Saturn, Jupiter & Mars as well as deep-sky objects such as the Andromeda Galaxy and the Orion Nebula! Learn the sky with the time-honored tradition of the German equatorial mount and find objects with the use of the included setting circles and planetarium software, or by pointing to a bright object or an interesting area of the Milky Way with the built-on StarPointer and discover the Universe like a celestial explorer!
- This Celestron AstroMaster 114 telescope bundle comes with a red dot finder and two eyepieces to get you started with observing the very first night you take it out of the box!
- High Point Scientific is including a Celestron Single-Axis Motor Drive in this Celestron AstroMaster 114 telescope bundle so your AstroMaster will automatically track the stars as they move through the sky from east to west.
- Double the magnification of any 1.25” eyepiece with the included 2X Barlow Lens from Apertura! Instead of two magnification choices, you’ll get four! Double your pleasure!
- You will also get an Apertura Moon Filter with the Celestron AstroMaster 114 telescope bundle. Screw it onto any of your 1.25" eyepieces to block some of the glare from bright objects like the Moon and Venus.
More About the Celestron 4.5” 114EQ AstroMaster Reflector
The Celestron AstroMaster 114 telescope is a great beginner telescope for an adult or older child. It’s 4.5” mirror will provide clear and bright images of the Moon, the planets, and dozens of deep-sky objects like the Orion Nebula, the Andromeda Galaxy, the great star cluster in Hercules, and much more. The AstroMaster equatorial mount is easy to set up and requires no tools to do so. Unlike a simple alt-azimuth mount, an equatorial mount will allow your telescope to track objects as they move across the sky throughout the night. Tracking is done manually by turning the slow-motion adjustment cables. In about five minutes you will learn how to follow the stars with this method, it is easy and intuitive.
Great for Celestial & Terrestrial Use!
The Celestron AstroMaster 114 telescope is also really innovative, and here’s why. The reason most people buy Newtonian reflector telescopes is because you get a lot of bang for your buck when it comes to the size of the optics. The Celestron AstroMaster 114 telescope comes with a 4.5” mirror as its light-gathering source, and with optics that large, an amateur astronomer can see millions of light years into the Universe. A similarly sized refractor telescope would cost much, much more and would be a lot heavier, requiring a larger (and more expensive) mount. While a Newtonian style telescope like the Celestron AstroMaster 114 telescope is super economical and portable for its size, it doesn’t work well for terrestrial use because when you look through it, images are inverted, or rotated at an angle. Normally, this type of image orientation is not correctable in Newtonians, but Celestron has created a way to provide erect image optics in their AstroMaster Series so that you can get more use out of your telescope. Set it up on your deck or patio and use it like you would a spotting scope to watch birds and local animals during the day, and then turn it skyward once the Sun sets. By the way, with the proper safety filter, the Celestron AstroMaster 114 telescope will do a great job on the Sun as well!
Sturdy Metal Tripod with Accessory Tray
An adjustable metal tripod comes with the Astro Master 114. The 1.25” diameter legs can be lowered or raised via a simple lock knob located on each leg. The tripod feet are tapered to work well on any surface. A spreader bar pushes the legs outward and helps with stabilization, making the AstroMaster tripod a rigid and stable platform. The spreader bar doubles as an accessory tray, with 1.25” holes that accept your eyepieces.
Comes Ready to Use Out of the Box!
The permanently mounted StarPointer is a great accessory, and is included at no charge with the AstroMaster 114EQ. It allows you to quickly find and center an object in its low power window, and is attached in such a way that the object you have centered in your finder will be centered in your eyepiece as well! Speaking of eyepieces, you get two of them with the AstroMaster 114 EQ package. Both eyepieces (a 10mm & a 20mm) are standard sized with 1.25” barrels that are threaded to accept planetary or moon filters should you choose to add them to your accessory collection later on. The focuser is a 1.25” rack & pinion model, making it easy to adjust focus for yourself or others as they step up to the eyepiece. Finally, you will also receive a wonderful piece of software with this telescope. TheSkyX First Light Edition planetarium software can be loaded on your computer to help assist you with an observing plan. It has a 10,000 object database and enhanced images, and you can easily print out star charts that will depict the way your sky will look for any given night.
Celestron AstroMaster 114EQ Features:
- The AstroMaster 114 is quick and easy to set up without tools
- A permanently mounted StarPointer finderscope lets you quickly find objects and center them in your eyepiece
- Innovative erect image optics! The AstroMaster Newtonian telescope is ideal for terrestrial and astronomical use
- The telescope tube attaches to the mount via a quick release dovetail. No tools required!
- The AstroMaster 114 comes with the CG Equatorial Mount. Setting circles provide accurate pointing
- Includes a rugged pre-assembled tripod with 1.25" steel tube legs
- Glass mirrors are coated to assure clear, crisp images
- A deluxe accessory tray allows for convenient storage of accessories
- Includes two 1.25” eyepieces and TheSkyX First Light Edition planetarium software with 10,000 object database and enhanced images
Celestron AstroMaster 114 EQ Specifications:
- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
- Aperture: 114 mm (4.49 in)
- Focal Length: 1000 mm (39.37 in)
- Focal Ratio: 8.77
- Optical Coatings: Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification: 269 X
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 16 X
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12.8
- Rayleigh Resolution: 1.22 arc seconds
- Dawes Resolution: 1.02 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power: 265 X compared to human eye
- Apparent Field of View: 1°
- Linear Field of View: 53 feet @ 1000 yards
- Optical Tube Length: 18”
- Mount Type: CG-2 Equatorial Mount
- Eyepiece 1: 20 mm (0.79 in), yields 50x magnification
- Eyepiece 2: 10 mm (0.39 in), yields 100x magnification
- Finderscope: Built-on Star Pointer
- Weight: 17 lb (7.71 kg)
- Warranty: Two Years
More About the Celestron Motor Drive
Add this small, easy-to-install motor drive to your Celestron AstroMaster equatorial mount and your telescope will automatically track the stars as they move from east to west through the sky. The Celestron 93514 Motor Drive will also work with any set-up that uses a Celestron CG-2 or CG-3 equatorial mount. When the telescope mount is properly polar aligned and the RA drive is attached and running, you will only be required to make occasional adjustments in declination (north/south movements) to keep an object in the eyepiece for long periods of time.
The Celestron single-axis motor drive runs on a 9V battery, so there are no cords to get in the way. The drive can be used in either the Northern or Southern Hemisphere. To change hemispheres (reverse the motor’s direction), simply flip the North/South (N/S) switch on the face of the motor drive. It is also simple to change the speed of the motor. A knob is located just under the power indicator, and can be turned in either direction to slow down or speed up the motor. Since the Sun, Moon, planets, and deep-space objects move through the sky at different speeds, this gives you the ability to match the motor’s speed to the particular type of object you are observing.
More About the Apertura 1.25" 2X Barlow Lens
Knowledgable experts agree that the best way to enhance the magnification range of your eyepiece collection is with a 2x Barlow Lens. Crafted with Multi-Coated Optics, Blackened Lens Edges, Filter Threads, and Secure Thumb Screw, this Barlow lens is a great value for the price.
- The 2x Barlow Lens offers great optics and construction at an amazing price.
- Our 2x Barlow works with 1.25" eyepieces and filters With fully multi-coated optics, this Barlow generates exquisite images of the night sky.
- The 2x Barlow Lens by Apertura is a great way to increase the horse power of your eyepiece collection.
- At only 3.1" in length it is a great low profile Barlow lens Internal lens edges are blackened to deliver maximum contrast while observing celestial objects.
More About the Apertura Moon Filter
What’s the first thing most everyone looks at once they set up their telescope for the first time? The Moon! With most objects in our night sky, we need all the light-gathering we can get, but with the Moon…not so much. In fact, the Moon is so bright, even during partial phases, that we actually need to filter out some of the light. Using a Moon Filter is kind of like putting sunglasses on when its really bright outside. Without sunglasses, we suffer from glare and diminished detail…in other words, we see less and on top of that, we enjoy it less as well. No one likes to squint for long. Well, the Moon is like that. Add a neutral density filter when you observe the moon, and you will view more comfortably AND see more detail to boot.
The AstroMaster EQ Bundle from High Point Scientific includes a 1.25” Neutral Density filter that will reduce the brightness of the Moon without adding any strange colors. It is made of anti-reflection coated high grade optical glass that is encircled by a threaded cell. To use this 1.25” filter, just screw it onto the barrel of most any 1.25” eyepiece. It comes with a plastic filter case so it will stay safe and clean when not in use.