- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron 76mm Cometron FirstScope Telescope - 21023
What We Like About the Celestron Cometron FirstScope Telescope
- The wide field of view on this 76mm Celestron FirstScope telescope let you gaze at large objects, like a comet, a section of the Milky Way, or a star cluster, in their entirety.
- The Celestron Cometron FirstScope is a cinch to set up and use! Just place it on a table or other stable surface and you're ready to go.
- Due to its simple design, this is a great telescope for youngsters. There is no tripod to trip over, but the 3" mirror will show you more than most beginner refractors!
- You get two eyepieces (they provide the magnification) and a finder with this portable telescope, but you can always add more eyepieces later on.
More About the Celestron 76mm Cometron FirstScope Telescope
Be ready for the next big comet with Celestron’s special-edition Cometron FirstScope, a compact, lightweight telescope that’s perfect for beginners looking to experience the magic of a dazzling comet, planet, or nebula. This tabletop Dobsonian-style telescope includes a spherical mirror with a generous 76mm of aperture. The Celestron FirstScope telescope provides bright, sharp views of comets and other celestial objects, and renders the Moon’s mountains and craters in crisp detail. And thanks to its wide field of view, you’ll be able to observe the brightest part of the comet and its tail or favorite deep-sky objects like the Orion Nebula. The Celestron Cometron FirstScope offers several upgrades from the original Celestron FirstScope, including two Kellner eyepieces and a 5x24 finderscope. Weighing just 4.3 pounds, the Cometron FirstScope is a tabletop telescope that you can take on all your outdoor adventures. It’s also stylish enough to be a decorative fixture on your bookshelf or desk.
Celestron Cometron FirstScope Specifications
- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
- Aperture (mm): 76 mm (2.99 in)
- Focal Length: 300 mm (12 in)
- Focal Ratio: 3.95
- Eyepieces Included: 10mm & 20mm Kellner
- Finderscope: 5x24 Optical Finder
- Mount Type: Single Arm Dobsonian
- Highest Useful Magnification: 180 x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 11 x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 11.9
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.83 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 1.53 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 118 x
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 1.1 in (28 mm)
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 14%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 37%
- Optical Coatings: Aluminum with SiO2
- Optical Tube Length: 10 in (254 mm)
- Optical Tube Weight: 4.3 lb (1.95 kg)
- Total Telescope Kit Weight: 4.3 lb (1.95 kg)