- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Orion 8" SkyView Pro Equatorial Reflector Telescope - 09738
Orion SkyView Pro 8" Equatorial Newtonian Reflector
- This traditional 8" light bucket Newtonian reflector telescope on Orion's sturdy SkyView Pro equatorial mount will provide continuous stargazing enjoyment for the entire family.
- 1000 mm focal length (f/4.9) and a large 8" diameter parabolic primary mirror make this SkyView Pro optimally fit for observing cloudy nebulae, remote galaxies, both open and globular star clusters, and other deep space objects.
- In addition to deep sky targets, the Orion SkyView Pro 8 also has the capacity to offer magnificent views of closer celestial objects like Mars, Jupiter, and the Moon.
- SkyView Pro equatorial mount and stainless steel tripod supplies excellent support as well as smooth manual tracking control via included slow-motion control knobs.
- Package comes with a 2" Crayford focuser with smooth adjustments, 25 mm and 10 mm Sirius Plossl 1.25" eyepieces, 8x40 finderscope, collimation cap, Starry Night software, and more!
Long appreciated for its impressive combination of superior optics coupled with a rock-solid mount, the celebrated Orion 8" SkyView Pro Equatorial Reflector is a big telescope capable of providing users with big, bright views of celestial wonders. Observing the cosmos using the SkyView Pro 8 will provide users with delightfully fascinating views of the night sky. With this scope, you can explore beyond the Messier catalog! The SkyView Pro reflector, due to its considerable 8" aperture, is able to accumulate enough light for satisfying views of subtle deep space objects which, with smaller diameter instruments, would go unseen. With its long 1000 mm focal length, the Orion 8" SkyView Pro allows fine detail to be resolved at high magnification when aimed at the Moon or neighboring planets. A quick-release dovetail plate is included to allow the 8" optical tube to be attached to the SkyView Pro Equatorial mount for easy setup and disassembly. This complete reflector telescope system also comes with a quick collimation cap as well as dust caps for the front aperture and focuser tube. The 8" primary mirror features a center mark for easy optical alignment (collimation).
Enjoy stunning views of the solar system and beyond: With its 8" aperture, 1000 mm focal length parabolic primary mirror, this big reflector telescope tube collects a lot of light. This telescope's moderately fast f/4.9 optics make it a versatile performer capable of providing bright, detailed views of objects in the solar system as well as distant and faint deep sky objects. 8" reflectors give you a whopping 73% more light grasp than a 6" telescope to display brighter, sharper images for both visual study and astrophotography.
SkyView Pro Equatorial Mount provides plenty of stability: Equatorial mounts, also known as "EQ" mounts, can be aligned with the North Star Polaris, allowing an attached telescope to easily track celestial targets as they appear to make their way across the night sky. Enclosed 360º worm gears facilitate a smooth viewing experience by enabling the SkyView Pro equatorial mount head to glide effortlessly in right ascension and declination. Both axes feature solid knurled knobs for fine control adjustments to allow manual object tracking for lengthy observing sessions.
Smooth precision 2" Crayford focuser for honing in on details while stargazing: The Orion 8" SkyView Pro EQ Reflector comes equipped with a Crayford-style focuser that accepts large 2" telescope eyepieces. An included 2" to 1.25" adapter allows smaller and typically more powerful 1.25" telescope eyepieces to be used. The Crayford focuser design provides buttery smooth focus control without backlash for pleasantly precise focus adjustments. Users can easily aim this telescope thanks to an 8x40 finderscope with cross-hair, also included.
Two Sirius Plossl eyepieces allow starry sky exploration at two different magnifications: A pair of high quality, 4-element Sirius Plossl eyepieces are included with the 8" SkyView Pro EQ Reflector. For wider views, the 25 mm eyepiece provides 40x magnification, while for more powerful close-up views, the 10 mm ocular boosts magnification all the way up to 100x. Each Sirius Plossl eyepiece boasts a wide, 52° apparent field-of-view, and they both accept 1.25" Orion filters to enhance your observations.
Tripod accessory tray enables convenient eyepiece storage for easy access: The SkyView Pro 8" Equatorial Reflector comes with a sturdy accessory tray featuring multiple built-in spaces for both 1.25" and larger 2" telescope eyepieces. This tray also acts as a rigid spreader plate for the tripod assembly to enhance stability for optimal performance.