- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Orion SpaceProbe 130ST Short Tube Equatorial Reflector Telescope - 09007
Orion SpaceProbe 130mm Short Tube EQ Reflector Telescope Highlights
- Complete 5.1" aperture reflector telescope with full-size adjustable tripod and equatorial (EQ) mount for easy manual tracking of objects in the night sky
- 650mm focal length and f/5 focal ratio makes the SpaceProbe 130mm Short Tube EQ an excellent telescope for viewing wide-field deep-sky objects like cloudy nebulas, distant galaxies, and sparkling open star clusters and bright globular star clusters
- Large 5" optics gulp up light from the night sky for wonderful views of the Moon and planets like Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn
- Sturdy EQ-2 equatorial telescope mount features two slow-motion control knobs so you can keep what you're looking at in the eyepiece for extended views
- Includes two Explorer II 1.25" Kellner eyepieces (25mm and 10mm focal lengths) for two different viewing magnifications, a 6x30 finder scope for easy aiming of the telescope, collimation cap, dust caps, accessory tray, and more!
More About The Orion SpaceProbe 130mm EQ Reflector Telescope
A lot of folks shopping for their first telescope tell us that they have always had a fascination with the stars.They've wanted to get a telescope for a long time, they say. We understand very well the lure of the night sky. It has intrigued mankind for millennia with its beauty and mysteriousness. And still does. So it's only natural to want to know more about it, to get a closer look.
If you share this fascination, and are ready finally to spring for that telescope you've always wanted, then we suggest you consider the affordable but very capable Orion SpaceProbe 130mm Short Tube EQ Reflector Telescope. It's not one of those department store type deals notorious for toy-like quality and shoddy performance; it's a bona-fide 5" aperture reflecting telescope which can provide you and your friends and family with bright, pleasing views of many of the wonders of the cosmos. You'll be amazed at the great views of the cratered Moon, stunning planets like Jupiter and Saturn, distant sparkling star clusters, and even far-off nebulas and bright galaxies on especially dark evenings.
The “ST”, or “Short Tube” version of the Orion SpaceProbe 130 reflector is more compact than the standard 130. At 24” long the ST’s optical tube is a whole 9” shorter than the standard 130mm Newtonian. A wider field of view and sharper and brighter images are guaranteed with the 130mm (5.1”) primary mirror’s focal length at 650mm (f/5). The SpaceProbe 130 ST Equatorial Reflector Telescope’s 130mm aperture primary is a diffraction-limited parabolic mirror, the same type used on much larger and more expensive reflectors.
The reflector telescope's primary mirror lies at the base of the rolled-steel optical tube, which is outfitted with a smooth-adjusting rack-and-pinion focuser. The telescope accepts 1.25" eyepieces, including the two fully coated Explorer II telescope eyepieces that come standard with the Orion SpaceProbe 130ST EQ: a 25mm for low-power viewing at 36x magnification and a 10mm for higher-power looks at 90x. Also included is a 6x30 achromatic finder scope to help home in on celestial targets. Once a simple alignment procedure is carried out, the 6x30 finder scope makes it easy to aim the SpaceProbe reflector accurately at celestial targets.
The mount included with the Orion SpaceProbe 130ST EQ Reflector Telescope is the sturdy EQ-2 equatorial model, with adjustable aluminum legs and accessory tray. Don't let the counterweights and mechanisms of the equatorial mount overwhelm you, it's actually a simple design created to make viewing the night sky easy and convenient. With a minimal amount of practice, you'll be following celestial objects as they appear to migrate across the night sky like a seasoned amateur astronomer. Slow-motion controls on the EQ-2 equatorial mount allow fine manual motion of the telescope and easy star tracking. Thanks to the manual tracking ability, it's easy to keep a target object in the telescope eyepiece's field of view, so you can enjoy the view over an extended period of time. You can even add an optional Orion EQ-2M Electronic Telescope Drive (sold separately) which motorizes the slow-motion system, enabling the telescope to track objects automatically once you've pointed the telescope at the target object you want to observe.
The Orion SpaceProbe 130ST EQ Reflector Telescope weighs just 24.2 lbs. assembled, so transport to the backyard is easily manageable. For even better results, we recommend taking the SpaceProbe to a dark-sky location with minimal streetlights around so your views will enjoy optimal contrast. Thanks to its convenient portability - the short optical tube measures 24" in length, and the tripod is collapsible - it's easy to pack up the SpaceProbe 130ST in the car for excursions to places where starry skies sparkle.
You can buy that telescope you've always wanted today, without going overboard on price. The Orion SpaceProbe 130mm Short Tube EQ Reflector Telescope is a great value.