- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Orion StarBlast II 4.5" f/4 Equatorial Reflector Telescope - 09250
Orion 4.5" f/4 StarBlast II Reflector Telescope
- All members of the family will be able to enjoy this 4.5" StarBlast II Equatorial Reflector's great optics, easy portability, and user-friendly functionality.
- Displays of the Moon and planets, as well as deep space objects such as star clusters and galaxies, seem bright and clear with this compact telescope.
- A superb wide-field astronomy telescope with reflecting optics large enough to maintain you and your family's viewing enthusiasm for many years.
- Includes an EQ-1 mount with convenient slow-motion controls for keeping moving objects centered in the eyepiece easily.
- The 4.5" StarBlast II comes with 25 mm and 10 mm Sirius Plossl eyepieces that offer 18x and 45x power views. This package also includes a MoonMap 260, EZ Finder II reflex sight, adjustable-height tripod, and more.
For those developing an interest in space and the stars, a telescope makes an excellent gift, particularly a telescope like the StarBlast II 4.5" Reflector from Orion. This telescope is a legitimate reflector telescope with practical features to help novice stargazers get inspired by the night sky again and again.
The StarBlast II combines a 4.5" diamter reflector optical tube, sturdy equatorial mount, and slow-motion controls to take the ordinary capabilities of smaller telescope models aimed at amateur stargazers to the next level. This telescope will be there every step of the way as their interest in astronomy blossoms into a lifetime of enthusiasm for the night sky. Orion's compact 4.5" StarBlast II EQ Reflector is popular with beginners as well as experienced astronomers. Its excellent optics, easy portability, and user-friendly functionality will prevent it from being surpassed by more expensive telescopes as you develop into a more sophisticated stargazer.
The whole family will be amazed by the bright views that can be viewed with this large 4.5" aperture StarBlast II EQ Reflector. This instrument collects a substantial amount of light from the night sky to send bright, clear images of objects in space to the telescope eyepiece for viewing. The 4.5" StarBlast II's combination of a short 450 mm focal length and respectable 4.5" aperture allows it to provide brighter views at any magnification when compared with longer focal length telescopes. This makes it easier for everyone, especially beginners, to locate interesting sights in the night sky. Using a telescope lets backyard stargazers explore the sparkling night sky and search out intriguing objects to observe. All members of the family will enjoy using the 4.5" StarBlast II EQ Reflector to view the Moon's fascinating craters, valleys, and mountains; and bright planets like Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars. Even distant objects such as star clusters, bright nebulae, and galaxies can be viewed with this compact reflector telescope.
The 4.5" optical tube is supported by Orion's durable EQ-1 mount and adjustable-height tripod. Because stars and other celestial objects appear to move across the sky over time, the EQ-1 mount boasts handy slow-motion controls to allow for slow "tracking" of an object. Simply twist the slow-motion control knob to keep your target centered in the eyepiece. This enables the view to be enjoyed as long as you would like without the need to constantly re-aim the telescope. You can even add a separately sold electronic motor drive so it will track objects automatically once you've centered your desired object in the telescope eyepiece. An adjustable-height aluminum tripod allows the StarBlast II 4.5" Equatorial Reflector to be set up for comfortable viewing, while keeping a low weight to enable the complete assembled telescope to be easily moved.
Orion 4.5" f/4 StarBlast II Reflector Specifications
- Best for Viewing: Brighter deep sky
- Best for Imaging: Moon and planets
- User Level: Beginner
- Optical Design: Reflector
- Optical Diameter: 114 mm
- Focal Length: 450 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/4
- Optics Type: Parabolic
- Glass Material: Soda-lime plate
- Included Eyepieces: 25 mm and 10 mm 1.25" Sirius Plossl
- Included Eyepiece Magnification: 18x, 45x
- Resolving Power: 1.02 arc*sec
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 16x
- Highest Useful Magnification: 228x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12.9
- Optical Quality: Diffraction limited
- Finderscope: EZ Finder II
- Focuser: 1.25" Rack & Pinion
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 34 mm
- Mirror Coatings: Aluminum and silicon dioxide
- Mount Type: Equatorial
- Astro-Imaging Capability: Lunar and planetary
- Dovetail System: No
- Motor Drive Compatibility: Clock drive sold separately
- Computerized Compatibility: Not compatible
- Bearing Material: Friction bearings
- Latitude Range: 14 - 70
- Setting Circles: Yes
- Counterweight: (1) 4.8 lbs.
- Optical Tube Material: Steel
- Tripod Material: Aluminum
- Counterweight Bar Length: 8"
- Counterweight Bar Diameter: 12 mm
- Mount Height Range: 32.5" - 54.75"
- Optical Tube Length: 18"
- Optical Tube Weight: 4 lbs.
- Mount & Tripod Weight: 11.9 lbs.
- Fully Assembled Weight: 20.7 lbs.