- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Orion SkyQuest XT10 Plus Dobsonian Telescope - 10281
Orion SkyQuest XT10 PLUS Dobsonian Telescope
- Deluxe upgrade for the popular Orion XT10 Classic Dobsonian that enhances many critical features while adding extra accessories for an unforgettable stargazing experience.
- Comes with a dual-speed 2" Crayford focuser with 11:1 fine focus for clear, distinct views via fine focus modifications.
- 10" aperture optical tube reflector boasts a metallic blue exterior and rests on a redesigned base with adjustable altitude tension knobs and white trim for improved visibility in the dark.
- Thumbscrew adjustable secondary mirror allows convenient collimation with no tools required.
- Accessories in this package include a 28 mm DeepView eyepiece, 10 mm Sirius Plossl eyepiece, Shorty 2x Barlow, EX Finder II reflex sight, collimation cap, and more.
The most recent addition to Orion's popular deluxe upgraded Dobsonian reflector line, the SkyQuest XZT10 PLUS combines remarkable features with additional accessories for an unforgettable stargazing experience. This 10" aperture reflector contains a precise 2" dual-speed Crayford focuser, adjustable altitude axis tension, simplified Dobsonian base with highly visible white trim, conveniently adjustable secondary mirror thumbscrews, and more. This package comes with a multitude of practical stargazing accessories such as a 28 mm 2" eyepiece, 10 mm 1.25" eyepiece, eyepiece rack, Shorty 2x Barlow, EX Finder II reflex sight, and the favored DeepMap 600 folding star chart. Built around a 10" (254 mm) aperture parabolic primary mirror mounted in a robust cast-aluminum support cell, the SkyQuest XT10 PLUS enjoys 56% better light gathering capability than the XT8, providing a substantial enhancement in your ability to view the more understated structures of galaxies, nebulae, and other deep sky objects with weak visibility. The XT10 PLUS contains a parabolic primary mirror with a focal length of 1200 mm (f/4.7) that gives users the ability to experience clear and sharp views at both medium and high magnifications on steady nights with agreeable seeing conditions. In addition to the spectacular views of deep sky objects, you'll also be impressed by the bright, intricately detailed lunar and planetary views you'll get with the Orion SkyQuest XT10 PLUS. The reflectivity of this telescope has been increased up to 94% as a result of enhanced reflectivity mirror coatings. This allows as much light as possible to be transferred to the eyepiece for views that are especially bright and clear. The directional point-and-view ease with which the Dobsonian design operates is contrary to the more complicated equatorially mounted telescopes. Your family and friends will quickly get comfortable with the XT10 PLUS Dobsonian quickly and be able to explore the nigth sky as if they were experienced amateur astronomers. The base of the Orion SkyQuest XT10 PLUS Dobsonian has been given a stylish redesign. Not only does the XT10 PLUS base have an attractive appearance, it now has weight-reducing cutouts to make the telescope lighter and give it more portability when compared with its predecessor, the XT10 Classic. Highly visible white trim helps prevent inadvertent mishaps in the dark. The base is topped by a large 10" aperture reflector optical tube painted a stunning metallic blue. The tensioning springs found on the XT10 Classic have been upgraded to more customizable altitude axis adjustable tension knobs. These adjustable knobs give the XT10 PLUS more versatility, since users now have the ability to customize the tension of the altitude axis of motion to permit heavier 2" eyepieces, extra finders, and other large accessories to be used. When altitude tension is accurately adjusted, the use of heavier accessories will not result in the optical tube sliding downwards when in use.
More About Included Accessories and Features
- 2" Dual-Speed Crayford Focuser: Users will appreciate the precise focus control the large, 2" dual-speed Crayford focuser that comes with the XT10 PLUS Dobsonian provides. For the use of both 1.25" and 2" eyepieces, a step-down 1.25" adapter is included. This focuser's crayford design makes focus adjustments smooth, precise, and virtually backlash and flexure free. With an 11:1 fine-focus ratio, you'll be able to make the precise adjustments needed to render incredibly detailed, crisp views.
- Eyepieces and Barlow: For expansive 42x views, this package comes with a 2" 28 mm DeepView eyepiece, while for more powerful 120x close-up views, the included 1.25" 10 mm Sirius Plossl ocular does the trick. To increase magnification even further, use the included 1.25" Shorty 2x Barlow Lens to give any 1.25" twice the power. By coupling the Shorty 2x Barlow with the 10 mm Sirius Plossl eyepiece, you can achieve an exceptionally powerful 240x view.
- Thumbscrew Adjustable Secondary Mirror Cell: The XT10 PLUS, like all reflectors, will likely need minor routine maintenance to keep its optical mirrors properly aligned or "collimated." Orion has outfitted the XT10 PLUS Dobsonian's secondary mirror with knurled thumbscrews for simplified collimation adjustments with no tools required to align the reflecting optics of the telescope.
- Dobsonian Base with Bright White Trim: Because stargazing is better suited for darker environments, there is always the chance that you or another observer will inadvertently bump into or trip over equipment taht is difficult to see in extremely dim light. In order to prevent such hazards from ruining your next observing session, Orion has augmented the XT10 PLUS base with strikingly visible white trim, making it much easier to see in the dark.
- DeepMap 600 Folding Star Chart: The SkyQuest XT10 PLUS Dobsonian also comes with Orion's popular DeepMap 600 folding star chart. This cosmos "road map" will point you to the most advantageous spots in the night sky to look for interesting objects to explore. Color-coded symbols are used to distinguish between over 500 galaxies, nebulae, and star clusters. This includes all 109 messier objects as well as about 100 of the most intriguing double and variable stars. The DeepMap 600 is printed on durable dew-proof material so it doesn't get ruined by bad weather, and it folds up for convenient packing.
One 2" eyepiece and up to three 1.25" eyepieces can be ready for action at all times with the included eyepiece rack. The Orion EZ Finder II reflex sight makes precise aiming of the XT10 PLUS Dobsonian a simple, straightforward process. This package also comes with a quick collimation cap as well as dust caps for both the optical tube and the focuser. Fully assembled, the XT10 PLUS weighs a substantial 53 lbs. This is a large telescope offered at an amazingly economical price. The XT10 PLUS easily breaks down into two distinct parts for convenient portability and storage. To do this, all you have to do is unthread the two altitude tension knobs from the Dobsonian base and the reflector optical tube will detach.