- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Skywatcher Starlux 190 mm Maksutov-Newtonian Telescope OTA - S11550
Sky-Watcher Starlux 190 mm Maksutov-Newtonian Telescope
The Sky-Watcher Starlux 190MN is a great cross-over telescope! It’s high quality Maksutov-Newtonian design, with fast f/5.3 optics, multi-coated Pyrex mirrors and a corrector made with legendary Schott glass, is perfect for both visual observers and wide-field astrophotographers. Maksutov-Newtonians offer the added bonus of built in field correction, and so they are a big step up from a fast Newtonian, but they also compare favorably to Schmidt-Newtonians, offering more contrast and sharper images.
Besides the optics, the focuser is one of the most important components of a telescope system, and that is especially true when imaging. The Sky-Watcher 7.5” Mak-Newtonian comes with a 2” dual speed 10:1 Crayford focuser. 10:1 dual speed focus allows you to make larger adjustments to focus in the normal manner, and then use the fine focus knob for smaller tweaks that are so critical to producing a sharp final image.
The Sky-Watcher Starlux 190MN comes with a right-angle erect image 9 x 50 finder and bracket as well as a tube ring set with a V-Style (Vixen) dovetail bar. It’s ready to go out of the box with the addition of your choice of mount and a few eyepieces.
Sky-Watcher 190 mm Starlux Maksutov-Newtonian Specs
- Optical Design: Maksutov-Newtonian
- Aperture (mm): 190 mm (7.5 in)
- Focal Length: 1000 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/5.3
- Finderscope: 8x50 Right Angle with Corrected Image
- Tube Rings: Tube rings with V-style dovetail bar
- Optics: Fully multi-coated Pyrex mirrors