- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Takahashi Epsilon-130D Astrograph OTA - TEK13010
Takahashi Epsilon-130D Astrograph
- Takahashi Epsilon-130D is a f/3.3 Hyperbolic Flat-Field Astrograph Telescope
- Takahashi Epsilon-130D has a super fast focal ratio of f/3.3
- Full 5 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Ships Direct From Takahashi America In Texas
Important: Takahashi America requires the shipment of all Takahashi Telescopes to be done via 2-Day Air or Faster for the Takahashi 5 Year Warranty to be valid. Select UPS 2 Day Air or faster when ordering this telescope. If something other than 2-Day Air shipping is selected our customer service team will contact you to make the change.
Takahashi's Epsilon series of astrographs are known for their exceptional design catered to astrophotography. The Takahashi Epsilon-130D OTA's optical design features a hyperbolic, concave pirmary mirror. This mirror has a 2 element ED corrector lens to aid in eliminating spherical aberration and coma. The chromatic aberration is reduced by half, even with large viewing angles, when you compare the Epsilon 130-D's optical design to that of a conventional Schmidt design.
The new ε-130D has the same aperture as the original but now includes a digital corrector. Using this corrector, the astrograph has improved sharpness and a 1/3 reduction in the size of the spot. This equalizes the spot size of the E-180 at the edge, producing a 44mm diameter circle.The offset secondary mirror provides better illumination of the image formed by the primary mirror.
The Epsilon-130D has a 5.9° field of view. This makes the astrograph perfect for imaging wide field objects like comets and objects with extended nebulosity. The focal ratio of f/3.3 and the focal length of 430mm allows the ε-130D to shorten exposure times, increase color saturation, and produce wide field images that are of the upmost performance.
- Aperture: 130mm
- Focal Length: 430mm
- Focal Ratio: f/3.3
- Image Circle Diameter: 44mm
- Optical Type: Modified Hyperbolic Newtonian
- Tube Diameter: 166mm
- Tube Length (with lens hood retracted): 460mm
- Tube Weight: 4.9kg
- Metal Back Distance: 56.2mm