- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Orion Observer II 70 mm Alt-Azimuth Refractor Telescope - 10275
Orion Observer II 70 mm Alt-Az Refractor
The versatility and simple, user-friendly design of this Observer II 70 mm Altazimuth Refractor Telescope make it an excellent choice for those just getting started with stargazing. Lightweight and compact, this telescope offers easy transport to any observing site, whether you're simply going to the backyard or driving to a remote location with darker skies.
For novice stargazers who want a beginner telescope capable of offering higher performance and extra potency compared to a traditional 60 mm refractor, Orion presents the new Observer II 70 mm Altazimuth Refractor. The 70 mm Observer II can display an even larger collection of celestial wonders as well as more intense views of well-known favorites such as the Moon, Jupiter, Saturn, and the Orion Nebula with higher resolution relative to a 60 mm refractor. Features a 70 mm diameter achromatic glass objective lens with 700 mm focal length (f/10). 36% more light is absorbed by this glass lens versus a 60 mm lens for views that are brighter and more clear. To sum it up: the larger aperture will allow you to see more than you would through a telescope with a smaller aperture.
The Observer II 70mm Refractor Telescope comes with everything you need to start observing the night sky right away. Two included telescope eyepieces, a 25 mm and 10 mm Kellner, provide two different magnification options right out of the box! Each eyepiece features anti-reflection coating to help optimize your observations of the night sky. Orion recommends starting with the 25 mm ocular to obtain wide, 28x views. Then for closer looks, you can boost the power all the way up to 70x by using the 10 mm telescope eyepiece. An included accessory tray for the tripod provides a convenient spot to keep your eyepieces ready for action. The included red-dot sight makes aiming the telescope nice and easy. Following a simple alignment procedure that parents can help with, you can use the reflex sight to accurately aim the Observer II 70mm telescope at objects in the sky like the Moon and bright planets.
Thanks to its easy-to-use alt-azimuth mount and quality optics, the Orion Observer 70 mm refractor telescope works well for both daytime terrestrial viewing and nighttime astronomical use. The included alt-azimuth mount offers intuitive up/down (altitude) and left/right (azimuth) motion to make maneuvering the telescope easy. Whether you're scanning a scenic landscape or surveying the Milky Way for star clusters, this telescope will provide a pleasant experience. The telescope tube and altazimuth mount are supported on an aluminum tripod that can be adjusted to a comfortable height for virtually any observer.
All ages will find the 70 mm Observer II is easy to operate. This combined with its economical price makes it an excellent choice for getting started with the rewarding hobby of amateur astronomy.
90º Star Diagonal offers more comfortable nighttime viewing:
Diagonals bend the direction of light through a telescope, enabling a comfortable view of the night sky. The only way to view the night sky without a diagonal is to look straight through the telescope, a cumbersome and altogether uncomfortable task when viewing certain spots in the sky. This package includes a 1.25" diagonal that bends the light collected by the 70 mm Observer II at a 90º angle to let the observer look down into the eyepiece for an enjoyable, relaxing viewing experience.
Orion MoonMap 260
With locations and names of over 260 features on the Moon such as craters, mountains, valleys, "seas" and more, the included Orion MoonMap 260 is a great tool for beginning astronomers. This detailed map will even show you where various spacecraft have landed on the Moon's surface! The MoonMap 260 can be used to plan what to look at on the Moon, and to learn the official names of all the interesting lunar landscape features you see in the Observer II 70 mm Refractor Telescope.
Orion Observer II 70 mm Alt-Az Refractor Highlights
- A fine choice for beginning astronomers, this 70 mm refractor will be your introduction to the spectacle of the night sky
- 70 mm (2.75") aperture with 700 mm focal length (f/10) telescope offers terrific views of bright objects like star clusters and cloudy nebulae
- Optimal for Moon and planetary observing, especially for bright planets such as Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars, as well as bright star clusters
- Comes with an altazimuth telescope mount to provide smooth altitude (up/down) and azimuth (left/right) movements, and an aluminum tripod with adjustable height to make your observing sessions more comfortable
- The Observer II 70 mm Refractor comes complete with 25 mm and 10 mm 1.25" Kellner eyepieces, red-dot sight, 1.25" rack and pinion focuser, 1.25" 90º star diagonal, and Orion MoonMap 260