- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Takahashi TOA-130NS - 130mm f/7.7 Ortho-APO Refractor with 2.7"; Focuser - TOK13010
Takahashi TOA-130NS 5" Ortho-APO Triplet Refractor
with 2.7" Rack & Pinion Focuser
- The Takahashi TOA-130NS is ideal for both visual and photographic applications
- The TOA-130NS is an Ortho-Apochromat with a "Double ED" triplet design that produces the highest level of color correction
- Takahashi TOA-130NS comes with a dual speed 2.7" rack & pinion focuser
- This Double ED Triplet has 1/12th wave accuracy and an airy-disc Strehl ratio of 0.992
- Full 5 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Featuring a uniquely designed triplet that uses special elements to produce the highest of color correction, the TOA-130 is ideal for both imaging and visual astronomy. The TOA design consists of three elements just like any triplet, but the front and rear elements of the TOA telescopes are constructed from FPL-35 Extra Low Dispersion glass for stunning clarity and resolution. Takahashi engineers have taken great pains to eliminate spherical aberration while keeping axial chromatic aberration to a minimum in the visible light spectrum. In fact, the TOA design produces less than 1/100th the aberration of a typical apochromatic design!
The lens cells on the TOA-130 are carefully constructed and are capable of withstanding transport. They also allow for collimation if the owner wishes to make adjustments. With 1/12th wave accuracy and an airy disc Strehl ratio of 0.992, the optics on the Takahashi TOA-130NS Ortho-APO are as near to perfection as you can get!
The Takahashi TOA-130 Ortho-APO is very appealing to users who wish to use full frame or medium format cameras. Included with the TOA-130 is a heavy-duty dual speed 2.7" rack & pinion focuser that produces a usable 40 mm diameter image circle for virtually non-vignetted 35 mm prime focus photography. To ensure no image shifting, the TOA-130 is equipped with a large thumbscrew that locks the focuser tube in place. To allow the use of additional accessories, the focuser itself offers a generous 222.5 mm of back focus.
Long enough for high magnification of the moon and planets, the TOA-130 has a native f/7.7 focal ratio with a 1000 mm focal length. This superb double ED triplet refractor produces images with saturated color and amazing contrast due to its high order of color correction. The TOA-130 is packaged in a compact 40" tube (with the dew preventive lens shade retracted) that weighs only 23 lb. Overall, the TOA-130 is another fine, high-quality instrument by Takahashi.
Takahashi TOA-130NS Refractor Specifications
- Model: TOA-130NS
- Part Number: TOK13010
- Old Part Number: TSA0130
- Optical Type: Double ED Triplet
- Aperture: 130 mm
- Resolution: 0.89”
- Limiting Magnitude: 12.3
- Light Gathering Power: 345X
- Focal Length: 1000 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/11.3
- Tube Diameter: 156 mm
- Tube Length - Extended: 45” or 1145 mm
- Tube Length - Retracted: 39.8” or 1012 mm
- Tube Weight: 23.15 pounds or 10.5 kg
TOA-130NS with Optional Reducers, Flatteners or Extenders
- Flattener: Takahashi 35 Small Flattener
- Product Number: TKA31582
- Effective Focal Length: 980 mm
- Effective Focal Ratio: f/7.5
- Resulting Image Circle: 40 mm
- Flattener: Takahashi 67 Flattener
- Product Number: TKA31583S
- Effective Focal Length: 1000 mm
- Effective Focal Ratio: f/7.7
- Resulting Image Circle: 90 mm
- Reducer: Takahashi 35 .7X Reducer with CA Ring
- Product Number: TKA32580A
- Effective Focal Length: 698 mm
- Effective Focal Ratio: f/5.4
- Resulting Image Circle: 44 mm
- Extender: Takahashi 2” 1.6X Extender
- Product Number: TKA31595
- Effective Focal Length: 1600 mm
- Effective Focal Ratio: f/12.3
- Extender/Flattener: Takahashi 2” 1.5X ED Extender/Flattener
- Product Number: TKA37595
- Effective Focal Length: 1500 mm
- Effective Focal Ratio: f/11.5
- Resulting Image Circle: 44 mm