- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron 36 cm RASA Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph OTA - 91077
Celestron 36 cm RASA Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph OTA
- This advanced f/2.2 optical system with 36 cm aperture is optimally suited for professional use when both a wide field of view and high resolution are required, such as for space surveillance and other scientific operations.
- An excellent choice for advanced astrophotography, this 36 cm RASA (Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph) consists of a four element lens group that uses extra-low dispersion (ED) glass for images with no false color, coma, or field curvature.
- With a 60 mm optimized image circle, pinpoint stars are retained to the far reaches of the largest sensors available.
- Extended spectral range benefits from 700-900 nm range sensor response for improved signal detection.
- Focusing system has been redesigned to minimize focus shifting as well as other undesired movement of the primary mirror for easier and more stable focus.
Optimally suited for scientific applications such as space surveillance and Space Situational Awareness (SSA), as well as for advanced wide field astrophotography, this Rowe-Ackermann Schnmidt Astrograph is also practical from a cost perspective. This optical system provides fantastic value in terms of speed, aperture, field of view, and overall optical performance. The RASA design features a convenient external location with a flat focal plane for prime-focus image capture, allowing small spot sizes to the outskirts of a wide field resulting in images void of optical blemishes such as field curvature, off-axis coma, and astigmatism. The 36 cm aperture version is the largest RASA Celestron manufactures. It is both the biggest and fastest (f/2.2) optical instrument of its kind available “off-the-shelf.” Unlike most telescopes, which only focus visible light (400-700 nm), the RASA 36 cm focuses an extended spectral range (400-900 nm), allowing a brighter signal to be detected by a camera sensor. The 36 cm RASA also features a redesigned focus system, which ensures easy and stable focusing. With a substantial 77.5 mm back-focus, the Celestron 36 cm RASA is compatible with a wide range of imaging sensors. The addition of a custom camera adapter enhances the field of view up to 4.4 degrees.
Celestron 36 cm RASA Additional Features
- Consisting of high transmission multi-coatings for lenses, along with highly reflective aluminum coatings, Celestron's proprietary XLT coatings enable reliably solid optical system light throughput.
- A built-in cooling fan helps cool down optics to ambient temperature while pulling air through micromesh vents for dust ingress prevention.
- Comes with dual dovetail mounting bars for the ability to mount both an optical tube and additional accessories. Compatible with "CGE/Losmandy" style dovetails.
- A pair of 2x threaded insert hole sets in the rear cell allow even more mounting options.
- Rear cell features carrying handles for convenient optical tube movement.
- Although not normally needed, there are three sets of push-pull screws to adjust the lens group to achieve optical alignment for the entire system.
- M48 camera adapter included.
- Motor system specifically designed for the 36 cm RASA focuser is manufactured by Starlight Instruments.