- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron Advanced VX 800 RASA Telescope - 12032
Celestron 8" Advanced VX RASA Telescope
- With its Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt optical design, this 8" f/2 flat field imaging system uses rare-earth glass to produce spectacular resulting images without optical defects such as field curvature, coma, astigmatism, and chromatic aberration across an entire APS-C sensor.
- Contrary to larger RASA telescopes which are best suited for DSLR and large CCD cameras, this 8" model was expressly made for color CMOS astronomy cameras, smaller CCD cameras, and mirrorless cameras. This astrograph is not suitable for use with standard DSLR cameras.
- Ultra-Stable Focus System with six precision ball bearings to all but completely eliminate image shift.
- An integrated air-cooling system using a 12V DC MagLev fan lessens the time necessary for cooldown, enabling ideal air flow while filtering out dust.
- Incorporates a filter mount to allow the optical path to easily accept a Light Pollution Imaging Filter.
- Compared to most telescopes, the Advanced VX 800 RASA is operational over a broader spectral area, from 390-800 nm, allowing more sharply focused light to pass through to the astrograph.
- Out of all the German equatorial mounts Celestron offers, the Advanced VX is the most compact and portable, providing a 30 lb. payload capacity and minimal flexure while maintaining the same rigidity as their larger mounts.
- This mount contains many features coveted by astro-imagers including PEC, an autoguider port, and the ability to image across the meridian.
- In order to accept both the narrow CG-5 and wider CGE dovetail, this system includes a dual-style dovetail saddle.
- Comes with an M42 camera adapter, C-thread camera adapter, and fan battery pack.
This imaging system pairs the 8" Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph (RASA) OTA with the Advanced VX computerized German equatorial mount that is both lightweight for portability, and durable for reliability. With the simple addition of a mirrorless camera, this package offers everything necessary to capture breathtaking wide-field deep sky images.
Within seconds you'll be capturing gorgeous wide-field images of deep sky objects using this ultra fast Celestron 8" f/2.0 RASA (Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph) Telescope. The perfect complement to modern color astronomical CMOS, smaller CCD, and mirrorless cameras, the 8" RASA's lightning fast focal ratio and patented optical design produces sharp images with incredible detail. In fact, in many cases you'll be able to completely skip the autoguider. Compatible with a wide range of mounts including the Advanced VX mount that comes with this package, the 8" RASA optical tube weighs only 17 lbs. for convenient portability to and from remote dark sky locations. For only the fraction of the cost of longer focal length imaging systems, the 8" RASA provides a flat field free of optical aberrations for sharp, well-defined stars over a wide field of view. By not having to overcome the obstacles typically faced by these other systems, the 8" RASA is able to deliver spectacular deep-sky images. This 8" model is the latest addition to the Celestron RASA series. Compared to the highly acclaimed 11" RASA, this version is a lot more portable and afforable. Its inclusion in the Celestron RASA lineup allows astro-imagers with a broader range of skill levels to experience the RASA design's benefits. Features such as an integrated air-cooling system, internal filter mount, and sturdy CGE dovetail bar, are identical to those offered by the 11" RASA. Designed exclusively for imaging, the 8" RASA is not suitable for use as a visual instrument. Due to the prime focus focal plane's location at the front of the telescope, conventional eyepieces cannot be accommodated.
Shorter Exposure Times and Virtual Real-Time Observing Because of its extremely fast f/2.0 optical system, the 8" RASA allows imagers to employ shorter exposure times in order to capture the subtle characteristics of faint objects. The 8" RASA, when paired with sensitive cameras and proper "live stacking" software, is capable of offering an essentially real-time viewing experience. Brighter images with greater detail than are viewable in much larger telescopes with the naked eye are instantly visible on a computer. Due to these shorter exposure times, the included Advanced VX equatorial mount won't need to accurately track over extended periods. Equatorial tracking demands are further reduced by the 8" RASA's relatively short 400 mm focal length. As mentioned earlier, autoguiding will not be necessary in many cases.
Ultra-Stable Focus System With the launch of the 8” RASA, Celestron has unveiled a new focuser design that mitigates lateral movement of the primary mirror when focusing, slewing, or tracking with the astrograph. Focusing is easier, more accurate, and more stable than ever. The key to the Ultra-Stable Focus System is two sets of precision bearings that are precisely aligned and tested during assembly to ensure optimal results.
Built for Today's Latest Cameras While larger RASA telescopes work best with DSLR and large CCD cameras, this 8" model was designed with regards to color astronomical CMOS cameras, smaller CCD cameras, and mirrorless cameras. Standard DSLR cameras are not compatible with this telescope. Optimized for up to 22 mm diagonal sensors, the 8" RASA still provides sufficient performance with up to 32 mm diagonal sensors. The APS-C sized sensors employed by many mirrorless cameras are an excellent choice. 42 mm full frame sensors are also a possibility if you are willing to sacrifice both field illumination as well as performance at the edges of the sensor. Furthermore, pairing the 8" RASA with any camera body over 4" in diameter is not recommended.
Advanced VX Computerized German Equatorial Mount & Tripod Celestron's Advanced VX equatorial mount benefits from advanced technologies such as All-Star Polar Alignment, Celestron PWI telescope control software, SkyAlign, and permanently programmable periodic error correction (PPEC) in order to facilitate premium performance for smaller telescopes. Capable of providing all the conveniences typically afforded by larger observatory mounts, the Celestron AVX mount will be greatly appreciated by seasoned astrophotogrphers for its easy portability to and from remote dark sky locations. For new imagers, the Advanced VX will be an invaluable asset in helping spark a lifelong passion for the hobby. The smallest of Celestron's German equatorial mounts, the Advanced VX features computerized GoTo capability for automatic tracking of objects as they move across the night sky. The Advanced VX mount is outfitted with ports for a hand controller and autoguider, as well as two AUX ports for optional accessories. Instant access to all your mount's functions is provided via the NexStar+ hand controller. With automatic slewing and menu descriptions, astronomers of all skill levels will be able to master this mount in just a few observing sessions. The Advanced VX also includes a stainless steel tripod with 2" diameter legs for an extra-wide stance that enhances stability.
Payload Capacity With a payload capacity of 30 pounds, the Celestron AVX mount is able to provide a solid platform for not only the 8" RASA optical tube, but for the addition of optional accessories such as StarSense AutoAlign, Focus Motor, a finderscope, or a camera. The weight of the counterweights is not included in Celestron's payload capacity.
Dual Saddle Plate Advanced VX mounts now include a new dual saddle plate that accommodates both CG-5 and CGE-style dovetails. Switching between the two saddle plates is as simple as moving the hand knobs into a separate set of holes. Now you can use your Advanced VX mount not only with the 8” RASA, but with virtually any optical tube within Advanced VX’s weight limit as well.
Celestron PWI Telescope Control Software All current Celestron computerized telescopes include Celestron PWI (CPWI), the most advanced astronomy software suite provided with any consumer-grade telescope. Celestron’s experts co-developed CPWI with the engineers at PlaneWave Instruments. The result is an all-in-one solution offering you many of the same features used on PlaneWave’s observatory-class telescopes.
- Graphical planetarium interface with PointXP advanced mount modeling allows you to add 100+ points to your alignment model for the most accurate pointing and tracking possible.
- Ideal for remote observatory setups: save and re-load your alignment and park your scope.
- Provides a complete ASCOM telescope interface to allow control of the telescope from third party software applications.
Starry Night Software
Also included with your purchase is a free download of Celestron’s Starry Night Special Edition Software. This advanced software by Simulation Curriculum offers detailed information about celestial objects and helps you plan your next observing or imaging session. The Special Edition software also includes telescope control via your PC.
Please Note: The AVX dual saddle plate is compatible with Celestron’s narrow dovetail as well as their larger CGE dovetail. It is not compatible with dovetails from other manufacturers, including Losmandy D plates.