- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron 11" RASA Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph OTA - 91075
Highlights of the Celestron 11" RASA Astrograph OTA
- The Celestron RASA has an 11", f/2.2 optical design with rare-earth glass for images free of false color, coma, and field curvature
- This beautiful astrograph yields a 70 mm optimized image circle that maintains pinpoint stars to the far corners of even the largest astroimaging sensors
- With focusing features like a dual speed 10:1 Feather Touch Micro Focus Knob and custom-engineered linear brass bearings, you'll enjoy precision focusing with minimal image shift.
- A quiet, high-output 12V MagLev fan reduces cool down time and blocks dust.
- The Celestron Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph includes common camera adapters (T-thread and M48) for easy attachment to popular CCD and DSLR cameras
More About the Celestron RASA Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph 1100
Capturing impressive deep-sky astroimages is easier than ever with Celestron’s Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph, the perfect companion to today’s top DSLR or astronomical CCD cameras. This fast, wide-field f/2.2 system offers two huge advantages over traditional f/10 astroimaging: better apparent tracking and shorter exposures. That means you’ll create better-looking astroimages in a fraction of the time, even without the use of an autoguider.
The Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph builds on the legacy of Celestron’s Schmidt Camera, which allowed astrophotographers to produce images on film in the 1970s.
Today, with CCD sensor sizes as large as film—or larger—the Schmidt Astrograph offers a full 70 mm optimized image circle to capture pinpoint stars on the largest imaging chips. Combine this large image circle with a focal length of just 620 mm and you have an instrument suitable for wide-field imaging, creating huge mosaics of the night sky, surveying, and even comet hunting.
The Celestron RASA, or Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph, features newly designed optics with 4-element rare-earth glass for images free of false color and aberrations like coma and field curvature. The optical quality and spot size across the entire image circle is unprecedented for an astrograph in this price range—or even that of a much more expensive instrument. The design also provides minimal vignetting.
Advanced features like a custom engineered linear brass focuser bearing and FeatherTouch Micro Focus Knob allow you to make the fine adjustments you need to capture the perfect shot. Meanwhile, a12V MagLev fan reduces cooldown time and provides optimal airflow through the dust filtered optical tube.
Engineered as a complete astroimaging system, every component of the Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph is optimized for peak performance with DSLR and astronomical CCD cameras. Down to the thickness of the glass used in the included fully-multicoated optical window or an optional imaging filter, every component of the system has been taken into careful consideration to work together seamlessly.
Celestron 11” RASA Telescope Specifications
- Optical Design Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt
- Aperture: 279 mm
- Focal Length: 620 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/2.22
- Back focus from front lens assembly: 69.26 mm
- Back focus from included camera adapters: 55 mm
- Central obstruction diameter: 114 mm
- Finderscope: Not included
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.5 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.41 arc seconds
- Optical Tube Length: 33”
- Light Gathering Power: 1588x
- Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
- Weight of OTA: 43 lb.